trailer needed

Notices

trailer needed

Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
I can say what to stay away from, and that is Boatwheels trailers, which is under mine, and LoadWrong, Uh, I mean LoadRite, which a friend of mine has, both are worthless, wish I had studied up before hand, Dock's trailer is actually on the Myco website under Baja. I am now considering legal action on Boatwheels if they dont make good. Its new and has left me stranded 3x in 2months, and the farthest I have towed is 4hrs. They ought to give Dock some kickback for being such a good sales rep for them. I know what my next trailer will be, hands down.
I've been there and done that and it is no fun being broke down with a trailer and a heavy boat sitting on top of it.

They (Myco) owe me nothing but a good product and they delivered that 110%.

I learned the hard way also and bought trailers on price and got what I paid for. We had friends with Myco's and I saw first hand the difference and told myself from then on I was buying the best.

The problem I see with most trailer manufacturers is that they are in a very competitive market and they are going to build you a trailer that is just what you ask for or just enough to get the job done. I can point to a dozen trailers that are overloaded as soon as you add fuel and gear to the boat.

In my industry when we design drives for conveyors, etc we build in a service factor of usually 1.5 meaning that if the customer wants to handle 20 tons of product an hour then the system can actually handle 30 tons. So he is not working it to death and can increase the capacity which they usually always do without killing the machine.

On my Myco I have six 16 inch load range "E" tires on the ground and three axles that will handle a total weight of 18,000 lbs. The trailer + boat + fuel + gear are only a total of 12,500 lbs worse case. So this means that I have a safety margin of 5,500 lbs which gives me very dependable service.

Add that to the fact that their trailers are very precision and custom built for your boat, and the axles are perfectly set in line which gives very little tire wear. Then you have LED lights standard and the bow stop is second to none.

They are expensive but when I can head out anywhere in the country at any time and expect to arrive without a problem that is money well spent in my book.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doc,

Love your website! Also glad to see you will be down here for the Sarasota Poker Run in October!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

have a chance to buy a myco but it isn't built specifically for my boat, i was wondering if you would reposition the bunks if it would still be a good trailer or should you just bite the bullit and build one for the boat you have?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by kr1276
Doc,

Love your website!
Thanks Keith, I just updated the site to include last weekends run at Lake Erie.

Originally Posted by kr1276
Also glad to see you will be down here for the Sarasota Poker Run in October!
We are sure looking forward to the run and boating in your area. Remember that if you own a Baja that the entry fee is half price. I'll see you there!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by KDAWG
have a chance to buy a myco but it isn't built specifically for my boat, i was wondering if you would reposition the bunks if it would still be a good trailer or should you just bite the bullit and build one for the boat you have?
They are welded bunks. It would be hard to cut them and get them in the exact location they need to be for your boat and have the right contact and fully support the hull. Then you have the issue of axle location, boat weight etc.

I would not touch that even if I did not trailer much.

If you look on the tongue Myco stamps in the boat brand and size they built it for. On mine it says "36 Baja".

Good luck
Old 08-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered

hey dock did you sell your trailer? or are you selling your trailer? i can't remember who i have talked with on this issue. thaks dawg
Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

hey dock did you sell your trailer? or are you selling your trailer? i can't remember who i have talked with on this issue. thaks dawg

I have Myco pricing a brand new trailer for me and I will have an answer for you tomorrow on whether I can afford to sell mine and what the price will be.

I'll be back in touch with you.

Thank you
Old 08-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

WOW they have gone up!

A new trailer today direct from Myco exactly like the one I have is $12,900.00.

Call Bill at Myco if you want to confirm the numbers.

Delivery is 4-5 weeks ARO.

My trailer has all new bearings, seals and brake pads as of this last winter and I replaced ALL six tires on the ground with new Goodyears which are exactly what Myco uses. I also replaced the spare which had not been on the ground but was four years old. It has a custom tool box that was $500.00. It has full LED lights all the way around and surge disk brakes on the front two axles.

The trailer is in perfect condition and I would head to California with confidence tomorrow with it.

If anyone wants to buy it I will let her go for $7,500.00.

A new one like I want with drive guard, two spares, electric over hydraulic brakes and electric winch is $15,700.00.

Send me a PM if anyone is interested with your phone number and I'll give you a call.
Attached Thumbnails trailer needed-boat-shop-2006-016.jpg   trailer needed-boat-shop-020.jpg   trailer needed-boat-shop-021.jpg  

Old 08-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

SOLD

Thanks Kevin you will be glad you went with a Myco.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

I got a Nextrail unit which is fine w/ me. Only pulling approx. 2 miles 2x/yr.

Quick Reply: trailer needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.