Poll 29OL v 292 Formula

Notices

Poll 29OL v 292 Formula

Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Formula all the way. The quality of the workmanship on the two cannot be compared. I have owned a baja and you will find the fit n finish isnt that great. I think bajas are a dime a dozen now anyway.
tbirklakemo,

You know there are several hundred Baja owners on this forum daily and I have to ask why you fell the need to come over here and insult all of us that own a Baja when this question was asked on the Formula thread also. I know it is your opinion and you are entitled to it just like the rest of us but when you cut down a brand you cut down each and every person that owns that brand.

For the money I have not found a boat that I like and enjoy more then any of the three Baja's I have owned. I can spend a LOT more money, but I cannot have any more enjoyment then we have had with our 36 Outlaw.

If you look at these pictures you see that fit and finish did not help this boat stay together any better then others across a large cruiser wake.

They are all wood and fiberglass when it comes down to it.

Dock
Attached Thumbnails Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula2.jpg   Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula17.jpg   Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula13.jpg  

Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I just love these comparisons of
Baja vs. (insert other performance boat brand here)

It's always so predictable.

On the "other performance brand "portion of the site,
it's always what a P.O.S. the baja is, and that their slow,
blah, blah, blah.

While the Baja guys generally just list the
qualities of their boats and not put down the
opposing brand.

I'm on my 4th, none of them have been a P.O.S.,
or broke in half, or fallen apart like the storys you'll hear.

Do like several above here have said,
drive both, buy the one that suits YOU.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zx14
I am looking for "Bullet Proof" I want to be able to drop it off a bridge and it wont break. I am really leaning to the Baja 29OL, but there is a great deal on a 08 292 with 0% financing, and I could trade my old boat there. I have to just be patient and get my Daytona sold then get a 02 or 03 29OL like I want.
Usually nothing great about the 0% deals, you're paying for it one way or another. If I was buying a new formula I'd be taking the cash incintives and getting financing somewhere else.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW Dock Holiday,,, that was caused just from a big jump? scary.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:41 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

was that a 292 or 312 ?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by zx14
WOW Dock Holiday,,, that was caused just from a big jump? scary.

So the story goes. I copied these photos of of OSO about four years ago and the post stated that this boat launched off a very large cruiser wake and landed wrong causing the top deck to seperate from the hull.

Keep in mind that this can and does happen to almost every brand. I have heard of this with Baja, I have pictures of this happening with a Fountain just this year on Lake Travis and I also have pictures of a 38 Top Gun that delaminated on a poker run that we attended two years ago.

They are all wood and fiberglass and we all need to focus on safety first. As the old saying goes "$hit Happens".

Pick out a good boat, get it surveyed, know it is in good condition, get plenty of seat time and drive within your abilities.

Boat are very strong and beautiful, but fragile at the same time!
Attached Thumbnails Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula14.jpg   Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula11.jpg   Poll 29OL v 292 Formula-formula4.jpg  

Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
was that a 292 or 312 ?

I'm pretty sure it is a 312.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Neither

Save a boat load - buy a new 28 pantera......they start at $101K

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-04-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Formula all the way. The quality of the workmanship on the two cannot be compared. I have owned a baja and you will find the fit n finish isnt that great. I think bajas are a dime a dozen now anyway.
look whos talking crawl a fountian there chit been there and there to phucking small at the cape race the fountians 29 got there azz handed to them they were just on plane , formulas aren't like they use to be my buddy ran f2 racing from 99 to 03 and went through 2 38s breaking stringers, bulkheads,chit the 42fountian yellow f2 boat was sinking at the cape race . these three boats formulas the beeker the baja are about the same. if you want super strong 31 ft suphen or 37outerlimits I rode in the 1st one that was built HARRY TURNERS 37 B CLASS BOAT JUMPED THE WAKE OF A FERRY BOAT AT 98 100GPS That was a strong boat, if you want room a nice ride in rough water the 29ol is the boat plus no glass windshield to break, I put a fairing on mine after stuffing it in the ocean . bbs are worth more than sbs for motors so buy a baja and drink out of a fountian thats what Team Apache said after kicking fountians azz in the 03 key west when things were fair. art
Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

if you look at my pics of my baja you can see after 19 yrs it still looks good lets see what a 01 beek looks like in 19yrs come out to the ocean next yr you can stay with me I just you to run me in real water my 20yr old against your 7yr old boat and we will see how fast you are I never lost against a 27 ft beeker up here. art ps I took a mean steak and lobster lunch

Quick Reply: Poll 29OL v 292 Formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.