33 or 35 outlaw

Notices

33 or 35 outlaw

Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Specialized
Isn't the 272 just the best boat to get into this sport with.
I think just about every owner of a Baja that I know started out with a 272
Started out.....Hell i'm still in it!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the 272. There are times I wish we still had ours. That is the best all around boat you will find. They ride and handle well, easy to trailer and have lots of room. In the two years we owned ours we overnighted on it at least thirty times.

As for the windscreen being more effective on the 30 and 35 vs the 33 and 36 I disagree. I have driven and riden all four models and find there to be very little difference. We have had people to comment that they never expected the wind screen on the 36 to be as effective as it is.

If speed is your number one concern the new stlye hulls are the way to go. They are faster with stock power. But if you like the old school construction there are some good deals to be had on the 33's. Having just ran beside SteelOutlawed all last weekend I have to say those 33's are beautiful in the water. But hey the 36's, 30's and 35's are also!

Happy boating
Old 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
Started out.....Hell i'm still in it!
LOL, sometimes I think going your route might have been a better choice

John
Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I agree on the 272. There are times I wish we still had ours. That is the best all around boat you will find. They ride and handle well, easy to trailer and have lots of room. In the two years we owned ours we overnighted on it at least thirty times.

As for the windscreen being more effective on the 30 and 35 vs the 33 and 36 I disagree. I have driven and riden all four models and find there to be very little difference. We have had people to comment that they never expected the wind screen on the 36 to be as effective as it is.

If speed is your number one concern the new stlye hulls are the way to go. They are faster with stock power. But if you like the old school construction there are some good deals to be had on the 33's. Having just ran beside SteelOutlawed all last weekend I have to say those 33's are beautiful in the water. But hey the 36's, 30's and 35's are also!

Happy boating
Hey Doc,

After getting the tour of Dennis'(bowtye8) 35 I am pretty hooked but I am looking for a more economic alternative so I still have some money to actually go boating hence the thought about the 33OL The runs we go on I think might be a bit to hard on the 30 but we run with a 33 (naplesbaja) that does quite well. As far as the speed thing goes It is not the only priority but our runs seem to average about 60 to 65 mph
which is just way to hard on the 38. I don't want to lead the pack but currently the group either runs slow for me or makes frequent stops to let me catch up(We have one hell of a group of people in the FMO). I am also looking to go to a newer boat with stock power(if I could only convey the frustration of this summer) to avoid what I have just been through. It's funny but as I read my post it is starting to sound like I am moving more towards the 33. That being said of the years 2002-2004 which would be the best year of 33 to consider? Also you seem to be the guru of all things Baja Let me know if you think I am on the right track.Thanks for all of the input.

John
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yup, I frequently miss our 272 !!!!!!!!

That was a great boat !!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Specialized
Hey Doc,

It's funny but as I read my post it is starting to sound like I am moving more towards the 33. That being said of the years 2002-2004 which would be the best year of 33 to consider? Also you seem to be the guru of all things Baja Let me know if you think I am on the right track.Thanks for all of the input.

John
John,

The 33's are a very sweet boat. They were going to discontinue it with the 36 when the 35 came out and you see what happened. They were so popular that they kept right on making them. As for year model I would be happy with them all. Pick the one that has been cared for properly and the onle that has the colors and options you like. I would not be afraid of the year.

Jeff "SteelOutlawed" and I do a LOT of boating together and in the almost three years he has owned his 33 there is only one time I can remember that the extra three feet on my boat paid off and that was out in the Atlantic heading to St. Augustine. I have a little more room in the cuddy and a little more head room in the cuddy and just a slight more room in the engine compartment between the engines and the back seat.

You will have to decide which one best suits your needs, but you cannot go wrong with the 33, 35 or the 36 in my opinion.

Happy shopping

Dock
Attached Thumbnails 33 or 35 outlaw-dsc08933.jpg   33 or 35 outlaw-dsc08931.jpg   33 or 35 outlaw-dsc05663.jpg  

Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

We put 180 hours on a 33 down at LOTO in the last year, great ride and I've been very impressed with the slop it will chew up. We have 496 MAGs and ran a best of 69.4 on GPS with a set of Bbades 25 Mirage + props.

Buddy of mine has a 35 with 700 SCI's and we ran the Cumberland run with it this year, we all took turns driving and it did awesome on the run too.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

I love my 33 It was the birth of the pad bottom for Baja it took two seasons to get it right look at PB mag 2003 march issue We are now running 98 to100 saw 100 on several runs Im runningTyler crocket 496,s whippled 3.3,s making 800 hp 31 p P5X 5800 rpm,s MINE CAN BE HAD FOR 155000 Includes spare short block
Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
I love my 33 It was the birth of the pad bottom for Baja it took two seasons to get it right look at PB mag 2003 march issue We are now running 98 to100 saw 100 on several runs Im runningTyler crocket 496,s whippled 3.3,s making 800 hp 31 p P5X 5800 rpm,s MINE CAN BE HAD FOR 155000 Includes spare short block
Bobby, Julie @ Throttle Up told me you were running some of their CNC wheels. Did they not workout? Lets hear the story please.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
Good luck with the sale my friend. That is a great boat and a great price considering the investment you have made in it and the perfect condition it is in.

It will be hard getting use to seeing you in a BECK boat!

Tell Rick we said hello.

Quick Reply: 33 or 35 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.