25 Outlaw performance in chop? >

25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Notices

25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOTO sounds like great fun. Just my cup of tea!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

...found a pictures that show´s
Wild Card 09 against a 42" Cigarette

OL25 and driver can handle rough sea!

Bad Influence
Attached Thumbnails 25 Outlaw performance in chop?-wild-card-09.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
LOTO sounds like great fun. Just my cup of tea!
It definetely test your throttle skills
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

I was on my own on the way to load up after the races and it was FUN!! Oh did we say AIR.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

We got beat up in a 36 Outlaw at LOTO on a busy weekend.

LOTO is the roughest inland body of water I have ever been on period. Every boat manufacturer should test their product at LOTO one full season and if it survives they can label it a TRUE offshore performance boat.

Twenty five feet is twenty five feet. The Baja 25 Outlaw is without a doubt one of the best riding boats you will find in it's size range but you will not be happy at LOTO long running anything under 35 feet on a weekend.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The Baja handles rough stuff fairly well. You will feel comfortable in 1-2 foot sloppy chop, and confident in 2-3 foot sloppy chop. 3-4s and you are really going to drive the boat. 4-5s, and your wife and kids are not going to be enjoying the ride. 5+, IMHO, you're better off heading for the trailer. (These are conditions likened to LOTO. Running in 4-5 foot ocean swells is not a big deal.)

I've spent time on a couple of 25' Baja Outlaws. I've also spent a little time on LOTO. This is my personal preference, but I would not want to be out on anything less than 30' on a busy LOTO weekend. Same goes for a windy day on the Chicago shore of Lake Michigan.

IF you decide that a 25' Baja is what the boat you want to pursue, make sure it can handle all of the extremes of your planned boating. I am helping my neighbor market his for sale. Let me know if I can be of assistance:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17835-en.html

Hey Brian, Market mine out there also, it is in the classifieds! I need a bigger boat for that smooth Lake Erie!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by danh63
Hey Brian, Market mine out there also, it is in the classifieds! I need a bigger boat for that smooth Lake Erie!
What are you looking to move into?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

LOTO is very rough, but the whole lake is not bad. Just the areas between the 7 mm to the 25 mm. It goes from 1mm to 75 mm for reference.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What are you looking to move into?

Well, you now how much I love the Active Thunders! Depends on what is out there when isell. Would love to get into one
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
We got beat up in a 36 Outlaw at LOTO on a busy weekend.

LOTO is the roughest inland body of water I have ever been on period. Every boat manufacturer should test their product at LOTO one full season and if it survives they can label it a TRUE offshore performance boat.

Twenty five feet is twenty five feet. The Baja 25 Outlaw is without a doubt one of the best riding boats you will find in it's size range but you will not be happy at LOTO long running anything under 35 feet on a weekend.

Just my opinion.
Wow, well if you say its THAT bad, I
believe you.

No doubt about it, the chop that builds up from alot of boats churning up the water is often much worse than anything that a strong wind can create.

However, I´ve been out on the Med sea over here, in everything from our 16 foot rib, the Outlaw, my 28 foot Chris Craft, up to my brother´s triple engined 48 Sunseeker Superhawk - and it is amazing to find out that they all reach their limits at some point.
We came back from the Monaco Grand Prix, a few years back in his previous boat, a 43 Thunderhawk, in what must have been the worst storm I´ve ever seen from a boat cockpit, and stuffed the nose on every fifth wave.
We were facing into head sees . It was like slow motion each time seeing the waves roll over the front of the bow and ducking each time as it broke over the screen.
There was a 70 foot Feretti superyacht about a quarter mile behind us, and sometimes I could see his propshaft tunnels...from the front!
We had a good reason to keep going, but in retrospect all agreed that it was madness not to have turned back.
We wanted to make it back to Port Grimaud but headed for shelter in Golf Juan after about an hour of nose diving.
It took about a week to wash all the salt out of the boat, and dry it off!

Quick Reply: 25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.