25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Notices

25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smitty
LOTO is very rough, but the whole lake is not bad. Just the areas between the 7 mm to the 25 mm. It goes from 1mm to 75 mm for reference.
We're on the main channel at the 3.5mm. Right across from "Atlantis Island". Our dock definitely gets rocked. The lake has certainly changed in the last 25 years.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wild Card 09
Wow, well if you say its THAT bad, I
believe you.

No doubt about it, the chop that builds up from alot of boats churning up the water is often much worse than anything that a strong wind can create.

However, I´ve been out on the Med sea over here, in everything from our 16 foot rib, the Outlaw, my 28 foot Chris Craft, up to my brother´s triple engined 48 Sunseeker Superhawk - and it is amazing to find out that they all reach their limits at some point.
We came back from the Monaco Grand Prix, a few years back in his previous boat, a 43 Thunderhawk, in what must have been the worst storm I´ve ever seen from a boat cockpit, and stuffed the nose on every fifth wave.
We were facing into head sees . It was like slow motion each time seeing the waves roll over the front of the bow and ducking each time as it broke over the screen.
There was a 70 foot Feretti superyacht about a quarter mile behind us, and sometimes I could see his propshaft tunnels...from the front!
We had a good reason to keep going, but in retrospect all agreed that it was madness not to have turned back.
We wanted to make it back to Port Grimaud but headed for shelter in Golf Juan after about an hour of nose diving.
It took about a week to wash all the salt out of the boat, and dry it off!
WOW! That is some serious shat!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Keytime, I have some friends that have a place on the 3mm behind the island. If you want to try out a 33 Outlaw let me know and I can swing by when I'm over there. This weekend would even work !
Old 11-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Keytime, I have some friends that have a place on the 3mm behind the island. If you want to try out a 33 Outlaw let me know and I can swing by when I'm over there. This weekend would even work !
Eddie,

Thanks a BUNCH for the offer, but I'm stuck in Wichita doing some home remodeling this weekend. Yeah, I'm excited about that. lol NOT! Trying to get my head above water so next year is more open to lake time. I'll definitely keep that in mind. We're on a recessed point right next to Pumphouse Cove (don't recall the official name for it, but I better find out). Great view of the lake!

John
Old 11-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
We got beat up in a 36 Outlaw at LOTO on a busy weekend.

LOTO is the roughest inland body of water I have ever been on period. Every boat manufacturer should test their product at LOTO one full season and if it survives they can label it a TRUE offshore performance boat.

Twenty five feet is twenty five feet. The Baja 25 Outlaw is without a doubt one of the best riding boats you will find in it's size range but you will not be happy at LOTO long running anything under 35 feet on a weekend.

Just my opinion.

Come on over to the Big Pond. Loto is rough the Lake Michigan seperates the men from the boys. 25 OLs are very nice solid 25' boat. They are very driver friendly, I was impressed with the 25 I drove last time I was in the Ozarks.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOTO will pound you like none other. At least Lake Michigan is "predictable" LOTO is like a washing machine. It will knock your dinkus in the dirt!
Now, back to the topic. I took my 226es (240es) to LOTO for the shootout a few times. I quit going in it when water broke over the nose about mid-deck at an idle.
My 29 does much better that the 226 did, but still it will getcha. The water is so unpredictable, but I think you'll be fine most weekends.
I've found that excess hp makes the ride better. I think that being able to power thru the rough stuff is a definate plus.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

If you guys are talking purely chop, a 25' outlaw will eat up chop like no other. My 24' oulaw handled big weekends in havasu with out any problems ever.

It sounds like the problem with loto, as with havasu and many other narrow lakes is the wakes bouncing off shore and creating washing macine like water with side chop. This causes chine walk and now you're not just fighting the chop from straight ahead, you're fighting that side chop that hits the boat at just that right angle against the hull under you where it feels like you just hit concrete!

It's like others said. Chop isnt that big of a deal...Neather is swell. It's washing machine water that sucks! Can't read it.