25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Notices

25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Still keeping my mind open for a first performance boat. Is a 25' Outlaw too rough in the chop at LOTO on a weekend? Will it take some hearty passengers to tough it out? Just wondering if one of these is in the air more than in the water. lol

25 Outlaw owners sound off!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the question is compared to what?

For a 25 foot boat I don't thing you can beat the ride and handling of a 25 Outlaw. True deep V 24 degree hull. Plenty of weight to handle the rougher water.

When it comes to LOTO or any rough water destination there is no replacement for displacement but if you are trying to stay in a 25 footer, the Outlaw is a great boat.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by haulinvols
I guess the question is compared to what?
My real question is "is it do-able"? Do many of the 25 Outlaw owners still brave the main channel on a busy weekend down there? Does it rock the passengers pretty hard or not? I've hit the main channel on a waveblaster for 40 miles, so I'm not too worried about myself.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
I've hit the main channel on a waveblaster for 40 miles, so I'm not too worried about myself.
Id do it in a 20 Outlaw if that helps!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

The 25OL loves rough water, and it is built solid enough to handle plenty of it, but it is still only a 25 (27) foot boat. If driven right it will put many bigger boats to shame as long as the holes it must jump over are not much longer than the boat itself!
One of its best features, shared by the 23 and 26, is that it has a very deep cockpit for this size of boat with no windshield frame to bump into, and that helps passengers to feel secure.
It also has deep freebord, and a bow that is almost impossible to stuff into a wave, unless you do something pretty stupid with the trim.
Yes, it will get air, but I´m often surprised when I see the pictures that people have taken of my boat, because it never feels as spectacular as it looks from outside, and I think that is about the biggest compliment that you can make about the design of the hull.
Attached Thumbnails 25 Outlaw performance in chop?-wc50-700.jpg   25 Outlaw performance in chop?-wc-sidejump.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2007, 03:53 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Great pics Stephen.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I've been in a 25 O/L @ LOTO a couple of times.

You spend alot of time in the air.

The only thing 25' that does any good down there
is a 3 logged pontoon

My 33 does alright, but, there's still times
you get your bell rung.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I put 350 hours on a 25 Outlaw boating LOTO, Okoboji & the Missouri River close to Omaha. It's a great all around boat, you can get around down at LOTO. You just have to use your head and less throttle.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
I put 350 hours on a 25 Outlaw boating LOTO, Okoboji & the Missouri River close to Omaha. It's a great all around boat, you can get around down at LOTO. You just have to use your head and less throttle.
Any hours on Carter Lake?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

The Baja handles rough stuff fairly well. You will feel comfortable in 1-2 foot sloppy chop, and confident in 2-3 foot sloppy chop. 3-4s and you are really going to drive the boat. 4-5s, and your wife and kids are not going to be enjoying the ride. 5+, IMHO, you're better off heading for the trailer. (These are conditions likened to LOTO. Running in 4-5 foot ocean swells is not a big deal.)

I've spent time on a couple of 25' Baja Outlaws. I've also spent a little time on LOTO. This is my personal preference, but I would not want to be out on anything less than 30' on a busy LOTO weekend. Same goes for a windy day on the Chicago shore of Lake Michigan.

IF you decide that a 25' Baja is what the boat you want to pursue, make sure it can handle all of the extremes of your planned boating. I am helping my neighbor market his for sale. Let me know if I can be of assistance:

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17835-en.html

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-06-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: 25 Outlaw performance in chop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.