Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Fair price???????? >

Fair price????????

Notices

Fair price????????

Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine in Tn sold his 01 25 outlaw with a 496 mag and close to your hours for $40,000 this past June. That should help you some. The ones telling you 20,000 are way out there, there is no way i would let it go for that. You put that boat out there for that and they will be beating your door down to get to it.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who cares what you "got" for your boat & what you "gave" for the new one. The thing to look at is what is called "trade difference".
Numbers can be adjusted on the trade to make you think you are getting a good deal.
In the car business we would show a person to be getting 12k for their trade when we may actually be only putting 8k in it. There may have been a 8k profit in the car we were selling, if it was sold outright, with no trade.
So now we have a 12k trade worth 8k & a car for sale that has 8k profit in it. We still made 4k on the deal that we probably palnned on only making a 4 or 5k profit on in the 1st place.
Trade difference is the ONLY number that is important! That is what yo uactually pay for the product.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Registered

There is an ad on here for a '06 25 OL 496HO for $53K. I think that that is a fair price. This time of year and market you may be able to get low 30's selling outright but trade in will be far less. I would think you could get your way up to high 20's. You may want to get the bottom line on the new one first before you offer the trade.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Who cares what you "got" for your boat & what you "gave" for the new one. The thing to look at is what is called "trade difference".
Numbers can be adjusted on the trade to make you think you are getting a good deal.
In the car business we would show a person to be getting 12k for their trade when we may actually be only putting 8k in it. There may have been a 8k profit in the car we were selling, if it was sold outright, with no trade.
So now we have a 12k trade worth 8k & a car for sale that has 8k profit in it. We still made 4k on the deal that we probably palnned on only making a 4 or 5k profit on in the 1st place.
Trade difference is the ONLY number that is important! That is what yo uactually pay for the product.
Ok….let me put it in car business language for ya…..if my "trade difference" is to high….that means there not treating me fair on my trade…..is that better?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
Ok….let me put it in car business language for ya…..if my "trade difference" is to high….that means there not treating me fair on my trade…..is that better?
That is what I'm saying.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
$21K is reasonable. Here is a 99 24 pantera for $22.5 http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/6/91086136.htm

Granted, thats a hell of a deal, but competition also dictates price. 35-40 please, you can get a 28 for that price.
"Please", I would take the 25 outlaw over any 24 pantera out there. Don't get me wrong, I like Pantera's but the 24Pantera and the 25 Outlaw are two very different boats- they are not comparable.
21k is not "reasonable", I would buy every 25 outlaw I could find for 21k.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FASTTIMES
"Please", I would take the 25 outlaw over any 24 pantera out there. Don't get me wrong, I like Pantera's but the 24Pantera and the 25 Outlaw are two very different boats- they are not comparable.
21k is not "reasonable", I would buy every 25 outlaw I could find for 21k.
I couldn’t say better myself….
Old 12-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that 21K seems a little low, however you don't have to trade! The dealer is taking a chance that your boat may be on its last leg, need a new drive or motor. If the dealer resells it and it blows up the first ride out do you think the new buyer is coming after you, no! they will go after the dealer. Also lets be very honest here, used boat sales are way down, the shift of selling your old boat is shifted to them and their overhead.

Just all to take into consideration. Either way good luck on your new boat

WILL
Old 12-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I agree that 21K seems a little low, however you don't have to trade! The dealer is taking a chance that your boat may be on its last leg, need a new drive or motor. If the dealer resells it and it blows up the first ride out do you think the new buyer is coming after you, no! they will go after the dealer. Also lets be very honest here, used boat sales are way down, the shift of selling your old boat is shifted to them and their overhead.

Just all to take into consideration. Either way good luck on your new boat

WILL
that is the case with any boat. Can you imagine the price they would put on that boat and the profit they would make if they got it for $21,000?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

I would assume they would put a little money back into it to make it sell and ask mid to high 30's for it.

Do boat dealers auction off used boats like they do used cars?

Quick Reply: Fair price????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.