Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
questions about a 1990 320 >

questions about a 1990 320

Notices

questions about a 1990 320

Old 02-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately turn them out. I tried mine turning in and it was horrible! Porpoised with any amount of trim and was all over the place at speed.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

I know this is a old post, but i currently have a 1990 Baja 320es with the 454's in them. How do you know how your props are running in or out? This boat does not like the rough water at all. I just bring my drives out a tinsy tad bit and put my tabs all the way down for the nose to ride in the water to cut the waves...BAd idea???? If i trim the boat out running around 3200 rpm's it just wants to bouce out of the water, even without bringin the drives out at all.....
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by bajafun320
I know this is a old post, but i currently have a 1990 Baja 320es with the 454's in them. How do you know how your props are running in or out? This boat does not like the rough water at all. I just bring my drives out a tinsy tad bit and put my tabs all the way down for the nose to ride in the water to cut the waves...BAd idea???? If i trim the boat out running around 3200 rpm's it just wants to bouce out of the water, even without bringin the drives out at all.....
Sounds like they are spinning in, the 320ES and 320 Force like mine are 2 different animals in ruff stuff, I almost never need the tabs at all, I use the drives to trim boat that a friend tought me to do, handles great but you need to learn the sweet spot at speeds for the hull, Any 32ft boat should do at least "OK" in ruff stuff, usually all in the driving of the boat, running too much tab and burying the n ose is not going to be a good ride either, you will be slamming the bow into the next wave, where do you boat at? I am on Lake Erie, one of the worst lakes for rough water, our waves are 4 ft high and 4 feet apart, kinda like square waves! makes for a rough ride in certain conditions..

If your RH prop is on the left drive you are spinning in.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Inside rotation: starboard prop prop turns CCW,
port turn CW

Outside, reverse of that.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Sounds like they are spinning in, the 320ES and 320 Force like mine are 2 different animals in ruff stuff, I almost never need the tabs at all, I use the drives to trim boat that a friend tought me to do, handles great but you need to learn the sweet spot at speeds for the hull, Any 32ft boat should do at least "OK" in ruff stuff, usually all in the driving of the boat, running too much tab and burying the n ose is not going to be a good ride either, you will be slamming the bow into the next wave, where do you boat at? I am on Lake Erie, one of the worst lakes for rough water, our waves are 4 ft high and 4 feet apart, kinda like square waves! makes for a rough ride in certain conditions..

If your RH prop is on the left drive you are spinning in.

I boat at LOTO (lake of the ozarks)

How do you tell which prop is RH?

Thanks for the tips....I will try playin with the trim a little more and leave my tabs up....
Old 07-11-2009, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I boat at LOTO (lake of the ozarks)

How do you tell which prop is RH?

Thanks for the tips....I will try playin with the trim a little more and leave my tabs up....

The RH prop is the one that turns clockwise.

At LOTO, tabs ( set properly) are your friend
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
The RH prop is the one that turns clockwise.

At LOTO, tabs ( set properly) are your friend
Tabs are definently your frined on e Erie but you are more efficient if you can get the boat to ride right with drives..less drag...
Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly the serial #'s on the props are even # is right, odd is left. Or imagine it like a fan blades pushing air clockwise is right counter clockwise is left