Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Attn: All Baja Owners >

Attn: All Baja Owners

Notices

Attn: All Baja Owners

Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE]Bill may of had the final say, but I do know for a fact that enginnering was called in on many of the decisions. I was there I heard the conversations. Yes Bill was in the wrong for pushing boats out we knew could have problems, but there was more to it then that.[/QUOTE]

It is true that Engineering was called to give an opinion on the structure after the fact, but please give the readers all of the information. You are forgetting many key facts. There was Rick Strand who blessed this whole composite stringer system with Bill Regan. Also the was Altair which is a company that has software that was suppose to show where any structural failures might occur (FEA). The liners were completely Bill Regan's vision. I have seen emails many years back that stated this was not the way of the future. Bill ignored his engineering staff and pressured them to make it work.

This is not the reason why Baja was sold. Give it a few years andsee who will own both Reggie and Baja!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
You have nothing to worry about with the 06. I understand the problem was resolved by that year model.

However most of the early models that had issues did come off of LOTO! If should be required that all boat builders must validate their hulls at LOTO on weekends only!
Or on Lake Michigan. That is where my problem showed up.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Out of work

This is not the reason why Baja was sold. Give it a few years andsee who will own both Reggie and Baja!!
Well interesting you should say this.

I was told that Reggie and Brunswick made a deal last year that in 2012 Brunswick would buy Fountain and Baja.

Any truth to this?

Not sure there will really be a Baja to buy at that point.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

I was told that Reggie and Brunswick made a deal last year that in 2012 Brunswick would buy Fountain and Baja.

Any truth to this?

I could see that...

How old would Reggie be then??
Old 04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

Any truth to this?

Dock, there is information on the Internet if you know where to look. That information explains the details. I've read it. Yes 2012 is the magic year.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by girlluvsboats
Dock, there is information on the Internet if you know where to look. That information explains the details. I've read it. Yes 2012 is the magic year.
So post this amazing link already. I cant find it.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
So post this amazing link already. I cant find it.
I found this : http://google.brand.edgar-online.com...zwh&ID=5261822

On June 21, 2007, the Company, FPI, Brunswick and Mr. Fountain entered into a Second Omnibus Amendment and Agreement (the “Second Amendment”), which further amends the Master Agreement. The Second Amendment delays the commencement of Brunswick’s ability to exercise the RMF Purchase Right and the Company Purchase Right from July 1, 2007 to a period beginning July 1, 2012. The Second Amendment also amends the Master Agreement to permit Mr. Fountain to sell his shares of the Company’s common stock in compliance with Rule 144 of the Securities Act of 1933, provided that Mr. Fountain may not sell his shares if such sale would result in Mr. Fountain owning less than 40% of the Company’s issued and outstanding common stock. The Second Amendment also limits the Company’s obligations under the Company Purchase Right by providing that the Company will not be required to issue in excess of 19.9% of its issued and outstanding shares of common stock unless any and all required stockholder approvals are obtained. In addition, the Second Amendment extends the expiration of the term of the Engine Supply Agreement to June 30, 2012.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the1st41
I found this : http://google.brand.edgar-online.com...zwh&ID=5261822

On June 21, 2007, the Company, FPI, Brunswick and Mr. Fountain entered into a Second Omnibus Amendment and Agreement (the “Second Amendment”), which further amends the Master Agreement. The Second Amendment delays the commencement of Brunswick’s ability to exercise the RMF Purchase Right and the Company Purchase Right from July 1, 2007 to a period beginning July 1, 2012. The Second Amendment also amends the Master Agreement to permit Mr. Fountain to sell his shares of the Company’s common stock in compliance with Rule 144 of the Securities Act of 1933, provided that Mr. Fountain may not sell his shares if such sale would result in Mr. Fountain owning less than 40% of the Company’s issued and outstanding common stock. The Second Amendment also limits the Company’s obligations under the Company Purchase Right by providing that the Company will not be required to issue in excess of 19.9% of its issued and outstanding shares of common stock unless any and all required stockholder approvals are obtained. In addition, the Second Amendment extends the expiration of the term of the Engine Supply Agreement to June 30, 2012.
Very interesting.