Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
New Guy just wanted to say hello and have a quick ? >

New Guy just wanted to say hello and have a quick ?

Notices

New Guy just wanted to say hello and have a quick ?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site. It's very addictive. Not a real offshore boat, my arse. When I tell people I have a 25' boat down here, they say "Wow, that's a big boat!". Now I know it's not a big boat, but apparently the general public doesn't know. Your boat with that setup should run great.

John (Specialized) was right. I've met the coolest people through this site. I even got to ride on Predaor (50' Nor-Tech) because of this site. Post up. There are no stupid questions. As far as technical information, Specialized has needed quite a bit of that!

BTW, I can't help with prop selection either.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

The boat has a labbed 26p Bravo 1. We are lake testing it Friday if the weather holds!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HR26OL
I have been snooping around this site for quite some time (May 07’).I haven’t registered until today because I was unsure/ timid of posting here (OSO in general) for the simple fact that the boat I purchased was not a “true” off shore boat in the eyes of many on here. But after reading in this section I think all of you that participate here can be a huge source of information/knowledge which I greatly appreciate.
That said I have recently purchased a 08 26’ Outlaw (hasn’t been wet yet). This boat is rigged w/ 525merc and all the options that come with that motor option (ordered w/ 1.25” raised X).
I have two quick questions to pull from the knowledge on this forum;
1) DOCK H- you have mentioned in the past that you are unsure of the stringers of new models(if I understood/read your post in context)….any chance you will expand privately (pm?). You may have explained/expanded on the issue in the past and I missed it…but being a new buyer…you only hear/read/fear the worst.
2) If I remember correctly there is another member here that has a 26 w/ a 600…We will be trying to dial in our boat this summer and would love to hear what you have learned with prop options if you wish to share.
Thanks for any info. I really enjoy this site and certainly this section. Ton of great Info

H.
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your purchase. There are a lot of really good folks here that are always ready and willing to help so don't be afraid to ask.

I do not know anything about the 26 Outlaw other then I really like the looks of them.

As for my comments regarding stringers vs liner construction they are based on my personal opinion and the fact that I am old school and prefer the old style wood stringers. There were some issues especially with the 30 Outlaw and now the major issues with the 405 but I think you are okay with the 26 and should get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Good luck and Happy Boating