anyone see the shogren thread >

anyone see the shogren thread

Notices

anyone see the shogren thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down anyone see the shogren thread

He posted baja boats are now handlayed up instead of CHOPPERGUN MADE, Thats bullchit they were always made handlayed and colors in the gel that was posted in POWERBOAT MAG ON MY BAJA 240 SPORT IN 88 OR 89. AND A good friend owned a baja dealership for years thats why I bought mine, because they made by hand not a choppergun thats searay and others. So now people will think baja before fountains are junk chopper gun made piss me right off.just another used car salesmen mentality, hey we improve they were junk before I'll never buy a boat from them, there to far away its sad to read chit you know is wrong.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

I couldnt believe how they reacted to my common man statement. Yikes...

And yes, I noticed the chopper statement, I figured since I was apparently on thin ice with those guys I would wait for someone else to comment. Paint over in gel graphics? These are obviously people who dont leave their boat in the water, or never accidentally rub against a dock. I think Im done posting in that thread, just trying to avoid an arguement.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

I don't think they have been hand layed for awile, Baja even states that on their web site. Closed mold technology.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
I don't think they have been hand layed for awile, Baja even states that on their web site. Closed mold technology.
that I think is for the stringers they make up a mold of them I think? but the boats should be hand layed, where is DOC he should know for sure. you can't let some salesman in plane english call youer boat a bayliner chopper gun, if its true I would never buy a newer one. chopper guns there all over the place its cut glass with resin thats NOT BAJA wheres some of the factory people thats a slap in the face ps not meaning the stringers are gun made either
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up If were wrong, sorry, it's what we were told by Baja.

Don't kill the messenger, I can only tell you what Baja told us. If they gave us bad information, I apologize but that's what they told us and the models I have seen certainly do not look like cross woven hand laid balsa core construction.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that I think is for the stringers they make up a mold of them I think? but the boats should be hand layed,
Baja employs a laminating technique known as "SCRIMP," so you can go full-throttle. SCRIMP, or resin infusion, is a calculated amount of resin drawn through a predetermined laminate schedule under vacuum. SCRIMP is not only environmentally friendly, but produces hulls that are lighter and stronger with more consistent weight throughout the entire boat. The SCRIMP process allows Baja to better utilize our Finite Element Analysis system. As we discover high-stress areas in our testing, we can reinforce those areas of the hull more effectively and efficiently with closed mold technology rather than with a hand lay-up production process. The result is a better, stronger, faster boat that will leave you smiling.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Baja employs a laminating technique known as "SCRIMP," so you can go full-throttle. SCRIMP, or resin infusion, is a calculated amount of resin drawn through a predetermined laminate schedule under vacuum. SCRIMP is not only environmentally friendly, but produces hulls that are lighter and stronger with more consistent weight throughout the entire boat. The SCRIMP process allows Baja to better utilize our Finite Element Analysis system. As we discover high-stress areas in our testing, we can reinforce those areas of the hull more effectively and efficiently with closed mold technology rather than with a hand lay-up production process. The result is a better, stronger, faster boat that will leave you smiling.
SO ITS NOT A CHOPPERGUN LIKE THEY USE ON SEARAYS, That must be on newer boats mine was handlayed up in 88 and I believe until 02 the scrimp was started when 04 or 05 , I thought the infusion was for late model boats and there stringer set up???
Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Default Baja

We did no specifially talk about boats built in 1988 but rather boats in the past five years.

Regards,

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
SO ITS NOT A CHOPPERGUN LIKE THEY USE ON SEARAYS, That must be on newer boats mine was handlayed up in 88 and I believe until 02 the scrimp was started when 04 or 05 , I thought the infusion was for late model boats and there stringer set up???
Old 08-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Fountain and their dealers have been programmed to bash Baja over the years. It will take them a while to change their colors. Now that they are selling them they will be the #2 instead of the #20 boat.