Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Whats the deal on this 36 >

Whats the deal on this 36

Notices

Whats the deal on this 36

Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 99% sure those drives are regular Bravo ones. Xr drives came out in 02 or 03 I think. If you buy it plan on keeping a spare drive on hand for non stop boating. Good thing is they can be had for low $$$$.

Still a great deal if you can get it done for mid 60's
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Registered

Make sure you make the check out too DEEZ NUTZ... lol...
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

One of my customers has a similar setup just a 1999

Stock Bravo 1's almost 400 hours, no drive peoblems
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38Lightning
Make sure you make the check out too DEEZ NUTZ... lol...
No prob LUCHA! lol!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

Angry

I drove down there in early July of this year to look at this boat, and from what I seen it was not properly maintained. The interior was filthy, then when you rubbed your hand across the bow it was like rubbing your hand on a very dirty chalk board. The cable on the starboard K-plane for your indicators was broken. The oil filters read 04, stereo did not work, a bunch of loose dangling wires in the port storage area in the cabin. To me it looks like it has sat outside in the elements for a few years and nobody cared about it. The boat did have regular Bravo ones. This could have been a nice boat if it was properly cared for, but with the condition it is in, and the hours on this boat, it might bring $50,000 on a good day. I'm not trying to stir any trouble just giving the insight since I looked at it first hand. AND I WAS NOT HAPPY, BECAUSE I BURNED UP A WHOLE DAY TO GO LOOK AT A BOAT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, THAT WAS NOT EVEN IN FAIR CONDITION.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Great info! I wondered why it has sat for sooooo long!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlaw 25
I drove down there in early July of this year to look at this boat, and from what I seen it was not properly maintained. The interior was filthy, then when you rubbed your hand across the bow it was like rubbing your hand on a very dirty chalk board. The cable on the starboard K-plane for your indicators was broken. The oil filters read 04, stereo did not work, a bunch of loose dangling wires in the port storage area in the cabin. To me it looks like it has sat outside in the elements for a few years and nobody cared about it. The boat did have regular Bravo ones. This could have been a nice boat if it was properly cared for, but with the condition it is in, and the hours on this boat, it might bring $50,000 on a good day. I'm not trying to stir any trouble just giving the insight since I looked at it first hand. AND I WAS NOT HAPPY, BECAUSE I BURNED UP A WHOLE DAY TO GO LOOK AT A BOAT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, THAT WAS NOT EVEN IN FAIR CONDITION.

Yep, I heard it's still sitting outside, ripped cover, rusty water coming out of the bilge drain, etc. It sounds like it's in bad shape. I believe there was another thread regarding this boat on here and on TBM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Busta
Yep, I heard it's still sitting outside, ripped cover, rusty water coming out of the bilge drain, etc. It sounds like it's in bad shape. I believe there was another thread regarding this boat on here and on TBM.
Thanks for the info, I have plains to dive form Baton Rouge la this weekend to check it out and buy it if I like it. With this info I am having second thoughts..... I’m going to make them send me pic of everything!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Angry

Make them send you recent pictures, not the ones from when they first got the thing. I have found from previous experience of buying boats is to just show up, then you really see how they take care of it. But coming from that far away (Baton Rouge) is a long way to just show up. If you have a nice boat now you won't be happy with what your gonna see..
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlaw 25
Make them send you recent pictures, not the ones from when they first got the thing. I have found from previous experience of buying boats is to just show up, then you really see how they take care of it. But coming from that far away (Baton Rouge) is a long way to just show up. If you have a nice boat now you won't be happy with what your gonna see..
I told them I want 50 pictures taken today. I glad your telling me this, Do you think the gel can be buffed out? How does it run? I don’t mind putting a little work into it but I’m not looking for a big project. Can the boat be cleaned up?

Quick Reply: Whats the deal on this 36

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.