First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Notices

First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
As far as graphics, the best looking bajas were custom painted anyway. if the paint quality out of the factory is as good as fountains, i dont see the issue. my 97 baja had gel graphics which faded. heck if you look at the top of the line boats; cig, outerlimits, donzi, etc they all are painted. only the lower quality boats are using gel graphihcs.

Mine is paint..... yeah it looks great, but I have a few
rock chips ( from towing) that I never had on my previous
boats ( that were in-gel graphics)
Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey anyone seen a 36 Outlaw in a corn field lately?[/QUOTE]

No, but I have been living on a 36ol in Attica OH. the last couple days surrounded by corn fields. I will make sure to stuff some corn in the cabin before it is returned to its owner....
Old 09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Hey anyone seen a 36 Outlaw in a corn field lately?
I thought Id do something nice, so I went up early before anyone got there this morning to add some complimentary port holes in the cuddy of the 36. Eventually, our port hole inspector, WOTW2E shows up and quickly realizes I traced the OUTSIDE frame of the porthole, and after an @SS chewing, he sends me to the store for a case of cheap silicone. So now I just stand outside and watch them fix the big holes I cut as they call me names like General Shoe or Bayliner reject and throw empty cans at me!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

I talked to a dealer today and they told me the first 30 has already been water tested and ran 82 with ho engines.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Baja by Fountain.......BOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, mixed emotions here?

Lets see yes the 30 OL ran 82mph first run out. Rails well love them or hate them, everyone has an opinion (personally I don't like rails on a boat at all, or hatches for that matter! and yes we have ordered them like that). As for the first 26,23,30, and soon 278 and 277 are at Fountain they are keeping one of each model built until the dealer meeting, you know so Baja dealers can see them and inspect them.

Fountain is experimenting with the boats to improve them, OK all you all see is the rails!, what you are not seeing is the diff drive heights, drive ratios, Labbing of props, Moving the batteries just to gain .5 mph!! As for ingel graphics, yes it is sad to see them go, but look at the new Fountain Paint, looks great.

As for prices, well compare to what a Formula, Donzi, Sunsation, AT, cost, seem like a hell of a value!!

In conclusion I will be at Norfolk VA boat shgow this weekend if anyone wants to come by and say hello.

Sincerely

WILL
Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will,

You are a true gentlemen and represent the brand well. Good luck this weekend and I look forward to coming up and meeting you one day.

I'm sorry that this thread got hijacked and off topic.

As for speeds I saw 80.3 on the GPS of one of our members 30OL with HO's back last year at LOTO. It was a Hawkeye boat that was proped RIGHT. It also had fuel and four people on board. Based on that I do not find Reggie's speed all that good considering they run one person, 1 gallon of fuel and with the current.

Take care

Dock

P.S.
How many Baja's could have been built and sold if Brunswick had not dumped the company?

How many dealers would have had extra $$$ in their pocket instead of promises?

How many could already have been produced if Reggie had kept production in Bucyrus?

How many could have been produced if he had been serious about hiring some of the key Baja folks to join him?

How many engines and drives would Mercury have built and delivered if Baja was still at the top of it's game?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the updates Will! It is a little tough getting good info out of the Fountain camp. I will be there Oct 5 th to see the operation for myself.

Dock, Darrals boat does run hard. I have set up (sold) a couple 30's like his and have seen similar results. The real test will be if the 30 feels comfortable at 80 plus with the Fountain set up.

I applaud Fountains R/D on the new Baja's set up. I think at times boats were sent out of the Ohio plant that could have used more thought! I guess I'll chalk it up to job security for me!

Last edited by BrettM; 09-11-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Busta
So I guess Dave (Custom Touch) is painting the new Baja's now. That looks like his work!
Hey now!................They only look like that if "I" own them!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

I heard that the prices are about 8% more than last year and the options are about the same. Some of the packages may be a little differnet. The 30 outlaw with ho engines base price with no options I was told wil be about $178,000.

Quick Reply: First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.