Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
First 30 OL 2009 almost done >

First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Notices

First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to be clear, the Baja OH plant produced great boats, yes I think we all will agree Mgt, really caused the problems, (like any big company). We can also agree Fountain builds great boats. Everyone is being very critical, Fountain has already made more performance changes than MGT, would have allowed in OH, and their just getting started!!!!

As for price increases, none of us like it, but really have you priced a 26 Searay lately??? How about a phucking Montery chit boat 19'. Well I have, if you think a 8 % increase is out of line you have not priced any boat in the past 2 years have you??

I had a turd 30' inboard noname fishing boat with a single stock Volvo 8.1 beside me at the boat show this weekend, they wanted more for it than our loaded 30 OL with 496HO's

OK all that being said this was the best Boat SHow we had all year, serious buyers, and many saying they will purchase right after the election what ever the Phuck that means??

WILL
Old 09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
OK all that being said this was the best Boat SHow we had all year, serious buyers, and many saying they will purchase right after the election what ever the Phuck that means??

WILL
Glad you had a good show.

Very simple, if Obama gets elected everyone that works for a living and owns a small or large business will have LESS $$$ money to spend.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Glad you had a good show.

Very simple, if Obama gets elected everyone that works for a living and owns a small or large business will have LESS $$$ money to spend.
Don't you mean anyone who has any money now will have "no" money to spend?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dock I have a picture of my GPS on the same boat with 4 people, coolers and almost full fuel at 82.1. So the 80.3 doesn't sount that hot to me.. OH and the bow rail looks freakin retarded..

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Will,

You are a true gentlemen and represent the brand well. Good luck this weekend and I look forward to coming up and meeting you one day.

I'm sorry that this thread got hijacked and off topic.

As for speeds I saw 80.3 on the GPS of one of our members 30OL with HO's back last year at LOTO. It was a Hawkeye boat that was proped RIGHT. It also had fuel and four people on board. Based on that I do not find Reggie's speed all that good considering they run one person, 1 gallon of fuel and with the current.

Take care

Dock

P.S.
How many Baja's could have been built and sold if Brunswick had not dumped the company?

How many dealers would have had extra $$$ in their pocket instead of promises?

How many could already have been produced if Reggie had kept production in Bucyrus?

How many could have been produced if he had been serious about hiring some of the key Baja folks to join him?

How many engines and drives would Mercury have built and delivered if Baja was still at the top of it's game?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

ok, here is my imput.
fountain bought baja, baja boght checkmate.
we had a 97 272 Baja untill 2005 it was a great great boat!! we got our ne 25 outlaw in 05, custom ordered from baja with our colors etc etc. we got that boat in 05 boat was great. we had a few small issues, one the head liner fell down, the speedo stopped working 3 times they replaced it 3 times, and a few sensors on the motor went bad. most happened outside the warrenty by about 2 months and the dealer wouldnt cover it. but both boats where great boats.
i was hoping with fountain in the baja mix we would see some changes for the better even tho IMO the boats are top notch. it will be ashame if they go the other way.

now for checkmate, we have an 03 checkmate got it new, have had great great luck with it, it has a few things i like better then the baja and a few things i like less then the baja, the quality is close, but not quite baja, so i called checkmate the other day, spoke with the owners son, he told me they are still involved but baja just bought them out. that being said, i think the new checkmates are going to be the boat to buy. if baja puts a few touches into the checkmate and keeps the price right, the new checkmate will be my boat. im thinking in a year or 2 im getting a new boat.
it will either be a 30 or a 33 and it will either be a baja, checkmate or sutphen. we will see in 09/10
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Time to sell Ridin Dirty for a good price because I think our older Baja's are going to be worth more money in the near future it looks like. I will take $65k for mine which seems like a fair price when a new 30 is upwards of a $100k more...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RIDIN DIRTY
Time to sell Ridin Dirty for a good price because I think our older Baja's are going to be worth more money in the near future it looks like. I will take $65k for mine which seems like a fair price when a new 30 is upwards of a $100k more...
I doubt you could touch a 30 with 6.2's in it right now for less than 120k. Hold onto your 29 you'll be glad you did I'll be surprised if Faja weathers the storm..
Old 09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

You'll be surprised if Fountain and Baja weathers the storm? Baja would be down the road right now if it wasn't for Mr. Fountain. The man is a work machine and puts his heart and soul into everything he does. If he doesn't make it work nobody can. The one thing About Reggie is failure is not an option. It would be nice if more people had his never give up personality.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:09 AM

Well Mr. Fountain is helping keep all current Baja's value up, if Baja was not to be built the boats would depreciate much faster.

My point Baja by Fountain is still a hell of a value and will be set up to run faster.

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 09-17-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Baja would be down the road right now if it wasn't for Mr. Fountain. .
Wow, even google thinks Reggie is a God!

Quick Reply: First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.