First 30 OL 2009 almost done >

First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Notices

First 30 OL 2009 almost done

Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Wow, even google thinks Reggie is a God!

you spelled fountain wrong.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
You'll be surprised if Fountain and Baja weathers the storm? Baja would be down the road right now if it wasn't for Mr. Fountain. The man is a work machine and puts his heart and soul into everything he does. If he doesn't make it work nobody can. The one thing About Reggie is failure is not an option. It would be nice if more people had his never give up personality.

Good point those people up North at Baja were NOT "work machines" and definitely didn't put "heart and soul" into anything...(Joking)

Reggie DOES indeed know how to built a good boat, but if it weren't for Brunswick he'd be "down the road right now."
Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not see how Fountain building Baja's will or does help resale of the brand in any way. They have always been a good value and with all new boat prices rising rapidly it helps the resale of older boats automaticially.

The market is floaded with Fountains and I have a friend with a 35 Fountain with 575's that has had it on the market for two years now. He is taking a beating on price worse then I would with any Baja I have owned.

As for the comments on Baja being saved by Fountain that is the best laugh I have heard in a long time. There were a lot of good folks at Baja that I got to know very well and I'm proud to call friends. They knew how to build boats, they had passion and desire to move Baja to the next level. Just look at the quality of the poker runs boats and the success of the poker run tour over the last six years. These people were the victim of big corporate America and their hands were tied.

Like mentioned above Reggie would have been out of business long before Baja had Brunswick not financed him and now he is in bed with the devil.

Good luck to him in this tough market we will see who survives.

On another note there is an article in Hot Boat that just arrived about the guy over at TBM and the new FAJA as if he coined that phrase. I had to laugh when he said he surveyed his members and 38% said they would buy another Baja by Fountain. I guess he has maybe 50 active members meaning that 19 of them would buy a Baja from Reggie. I bet that makes the Fountain stock go up.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Dock we can agree to disagree, just go look at Power Quest values? Once a boat is no longer produced it normally will depreciate faster than a similar boat that is still produced!

At least we can agree with prices going up it does slow depreciation of current boats!

As for your friend with a Fountain, well take a look at the Outer Limits section, talk about a beating, I think the more expensive a boat is the more depreciation their is, Less demand as the market narrows.

Just my 2 cents

WILL
Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Dock we can agree to disagree, just go look at Power Quest values? Once a boat is no longer produced it normally will depreciate faster than a similar boat that is still produced!
Fair enough and I could not agree with you more regarding Powerquest. I have seen that first hand and have used them as an example when discussing this issue. However ever boat brand is different. Powerquest never was a big seller and was not around long. Apache was not huge but they cost as much as they did new and are very desirable. Baja falls in the middle and there is such a large following that knows the product that I simply do not see it as a real issue and I simply do not see Fountain doing anything that will help the value of my boat.

At least we can agree with prices going up it does slow depreciation of current boats!

As for your friend with a Fountain, well take a look at the Outer Limits section, talk about a beating, I think the more expensive a boat is the more depreciation their is, Less demand as the market narrows.
I hear you loud and clear. I was talking with a guy that bought a 46 Cigarette and he bought it for half what it sold for new two years ago. I told him that my Baja may depreciate but unless I paid someone $300K to take it I could never loose a half million dollars on it. Again the price point of Baja, the large number available and the following actually help Baja in my opinion. The folks that are spending BIG $$$ on a custom Outerlimits are going to order a brand new one the way they want it. Last months magazine cover boat is old news and there are a very limited number of buyers for those custom boats.

Just my 2 cents

WILL

Thank you will for your input. I enjoy discussing it with you.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Some great points Dock and Will.
I do see some of the big boys depriciate quickly. Example Nortech Guy paid 600k. Just over a year later its listed for 499.00. Probrably will sell for 400 to 425k. If they are lucky.
But Nortech is back up on producing new boats for 500k to >1Mil. ..No disrepsect for that brand.(Just example) If I had the money that would be my next boat.

Time will tell.