Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Need some help, whats it really worth? >

Need some help, whats it really worth?

Notices

Need some help, whats it really worth?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help, whats it really worth?

Posted in general discussion also, but I thought Id try here also. Alright guys, need some help. Ive decided to put my boat up for sale. I put an ad or two out there and I think I priced it a little to high for what the market will bring right now. I just had the motor done top to bottom and priced it a little higher trying to possibly recoup some of the money I have in the motor.
Anyway, its a 1992 Baja Outlaw, 24 foot. Fresh 454 mag top to bottom built by a Baja dealer with about 6 hours run time on it if that, with all receipts. I was told it should be around 425 horse. Bravo one w/ ss 4blade, Corsa silent choice, Sony and Bose audio, Standard Horizons gps, 1993 Float On trailer, and all accessories. Boat is not in perfect condidtion , but very nice for the year. Has a few minor wear and tear blemmishes, but overall good condition. What can I realistically expect to get in this market? Also, in the southern states, do boat sales keep going year round, or do they start dying off just like up north? Thanks for the help.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

I just bought a 1993 Outlaw for 15,000. The boat has 340 hours on it and has a 454mag engine.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Posted in general discussion also, but I thought Id try here also. Alright guys, need some help. Ive decided to put my boat up for sale. I put an ad or two out there and I think I priced it a little to high for what the market will bring right now. I just had the motor done top to bottom and priced it a little higher trying to possibly recoup some of the money I have in the motor.
Anyway, its a 1992 Baja Outlaw, 24 foot. Fresh 454 mag top to bottom built by a Baja dealer with about 6 hours run time on it if that, with all receipts. I was told it should be around 425 horse. Bravo one w/ ss 4blade, Corsa silent choice, Sony and Bose audio, Standard Horizons gps, 1993 Float On trailer, and all accessories. Boat is not in perfect condidtion , but very nice for the year. Has a few minor wear and tear blemmishes, but overall good condition. What can I realistically expect to get in this market? Also, in the southern states, do boat sales keep going year round, or do they start dying off just like up north? Thanks for the help.
What price did you start out with?
Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say you can get 10K but without seeing the boat hard to tell. Facts are your boat is 17 years old, that starts to really narrow the market. Kind of like what is a 1992 Vette worth with some blemishes and a rebuilt motor? This market is hurting you also.

In your situation if you are looking to buy another boat you would be better off to trade it in, and get retail value off the new boat? Just a thought?

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 09-18-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
What price did you start out with?
I started at 20, which I knew was high, but was hoping with the fresh power, it may entice someone to pick it up over some priced at 14-18k.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I would say you can get 10K but without seeing the boat hard to tell. Facts are your boat is 17 years old, that starts to really narrow the market. Kind of like what is a 1992 Vette worth with some blemishes and a rebuilt motor? This market is hurting you also.

In your situation if you are looking to buy another boat you would be better off to trade it in, and get retail value off the new boat? Just a thought?

WILL
Thanks for the response. I would really like to think I could get more than 10 for it, but I guess thats why Im asking the question because Id like a general idea of what it would take. Unfortunatly Im not in the market for another boat right now, so a trade in wont work in my situation. Might have to wait till spring and hope the market takes an upswing.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

If it gets down the in the 10k range you might be getting a PM from me!

Or maybe your wife needs something to haul the kids around in............I have a nice 2005 Dodge Stratus with low miles that I dont need.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or maybe your wife needs something to haul the kids around in............I have a nice 2005 Dodge Stratus with low miles that I dont need.
My point proven, I needed to explain a little more I felt at 10K it will sell, not necessarly what its worth, big diff in this market.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
My point proven, I needed to explain a little more I felt at 10K it will sell, not necessarly what its worth, big diff in this market.
Im pretty sure 10 would move it, but Im hoping to get a little more than that. I guess I might have to hold out and wait and see what spring brings.
What about you southern boaters, do boat sales die right off like they do up north here, or do they stay steady all year round?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

If it comes to that, you'll be the first to hear from me.

Quick Reply: Need some help, whats it really worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.