Tristar, here is first Hammer X out of Fountain

Notices

Tristar, here is first Hammer X out of Fountain

Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Nice boat, but for 80k Ill go get a brand new 24' Pantera...
No kidding? Is that what you were quoted for a Hammer X? What power?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
No kidding? Is that what you were quoted for a Hammer X? What power?
I meant for the Pachanga.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, we had a lot of those pictures (I help out at searaypachanga.com) some time ago.

I admit Im a bit disappointed, especially with the price and the final performance figures...

for 80k ill get a 06 36 panterahttp://yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=19465
Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
for 80k ill get a 06 36 panterahttp://yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=19465
Did I miss something? I see minimum bid of 135k...
Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

80k buys it... suggested min bid
Old 12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

I admit Im a bit disappointed, especially with the price and the final performance figures...
I can understand your disappointment.

Boating mag this month has a short review of the Pachanga. I cannot imagine how SR could slow the boat down as much as they did. 62.8 with an HO! They must have tested with the anchor deployed. The same bottom with the same power ran 76 all day long and hit 80 under the right conditions in Baja form.

Even the details in the article are counter intuitive for any performance boater. Bravo 3? Keep speeds low so external steering is not needed? ITS?

Maybe SR needs to do some research here on the boards to get ideas on how to build a high performance boat. I am embarrassed for SR in this venture.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, we had a lot of those pictures (I help out at searaypachanga.com) some time ago.

Tristar, I met a guy while working with Sea Ray that loved the original 22 Pachanga as a kid, just as much as you did. He went ahead and bought a used one and did a very nice job of reconditioning it to look brand new again. He even asked us to quote him, on some new interior work THAT IT REALLY DID NOT NEED.

I say go out and buy a 1980s Pachanga for under $10,000 put 10-12k into it, and HAVE the boat that you always wanted for 1/4 of the price!

PS. We can help, just ask Doc.

XT
Old 12-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Tristar, I met a guy while working with Sea Ray that loved the original 22 Pachanga as a kid, just as much as you did. He went ahead and bought a used one and did a very nice job of reconditioning it to look brand new again. He even asked us to quote him, on some new interior work THAT IT REALLY DID NOT NEED.

I say go out and buy a 1980s Pachanga for under $10,000 put 10-12k into it, and HAVE the boat that you always wanted for 1/4 of the price!

PS. We can help, just ask Doc.

XT
I agree, that is what I am leaning towards. Here is my issue though. I have been told the old 22s were prone to blistering, which leads to delamination. (This is what I have been told, I have photographic proof of one such case but nothing more than peoples claims)

I live in a townhouse in the Chicagoland area, and just dont have anywhere to store the boat on a trailer, which means it will be sitting in the water during the season at a marina. I would prefer to have the boat at the marina my parents have their Sundancer at, its a nice place but doesnt have rack service.

So I have slowed my boat search. The 2009 Pachanga just is not shaping up to what I thought it would be, and the 80s boat seems like it would live a short life having to sit in the water for 5-6 months a year...

As far as restoration, I am great with cars and do my own work, but boats are a new area to me. Plus again, I dont have the space to work on the thing. I will definately keep you guys in mind though, I assume you could do glass work and reconditioning in addition to interior work?

Its funny you say the kid thing, I was a kid when the 80s boat was around. I promised myself when I grew up and got a decent job, I would buy one. Thats why the '09 boat got me so excited and I started bugging everyone on here involved with Baja-Bucyrus for info.

I help out on Searaypachanga.com, and have mentioned to the members to keep an eye out for a good condition P22. If you guys find one, let me know. I am in no rush, but if the right boat is found Ill jump on it.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tristar,

Manager, Dealer Support - Parts & Accessories
Sea Ray Boats (865) 971-6578
[email protected]

You will probably have to wait until after the holidays now but he will be the most knowledgeable persons that I know on the 22p in the world! I have some photos of his Pachanga that I can forward to you if you want? Email me at [email protected]

XT
Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WOTW2E

Boating mag this month has a short review of the Pachanga. I cannot imagine how SR could slow the boat down as much as they did. 62.8 with an HO! They must have tested with the anchor deployed. The same bottom with the same power ran 76 all day long and hit 80 under the right conditions in Baja form.

Even the details in the article are counter intuitive for any performance boater. Bravo 3? Keep speeds low so external steering is not needed? ITS?
WOW, couldn't agree more.

And to think, Boating Mag says they should have a HP525 option, lol.

Quick Reply: Tristar, here is first Hammer X out of Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.