Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
It's easy to buy an expensive boats.

It's impossible to buy CLASS!
I like that quote!!
Is a Cig a better boat than a Baja, most people will agree they are.......is a Cig worth twice what a Baja cost.......not in most people opinions.
I like them all and am glad there are many builders to choice from. While Reggie builds a popular boat, I'd hate to think that he was the only builder out there. Personally, I overnight a fair amount, I need something with a decent cabin....I'd rather have a Baja than a Fountain (or Cig) until the kids are old enough to leave behind.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigracing1
I know Fountaindealer and he has owned many bajas and loves them and i think you all are kind going overboard on this thread. Baja was straigh up the entry level performance boat it was considered the bayliner of the performance endustry. I can't stand Reggie but you can't deny the go knows what he's doing.

So Fountain, Baja, Donzi.....Bla Bla Bla when you boys get out of school you can a realy boat CIGARETTE "Their is no Substitute"

Cheers,

Cigracing1
When we get out of school? Looks like you dropped out of school in the 3rd grade.

Hooked on fonics rilly wurked fer me!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL

High density Foam Core is stronger and will not rot vs Balsa.
Hi guy , just for a info , no more wood in the boat ?
Thanks to taking time for me
Regards
Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi
Hi guy , just for a info , no more wood in the boat ?
Thanks to taking time for me
Regards
The stringers are wood....not that there's anything
wrong with that.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigracing1
I know Fountaindealer and he has owned many bajas and loves them and i think you all are kind going overboard on this thread. Baja was straigh up the entry level performance boat it was considered the bayliner of the performance endustry. I can't stand Reggie but you can't deny the go knows what he's doing.

So Fountain, Baja, Donzi.....Bla Bla Bla when you boys get out of school you can a realy boat CIGARETTE "Their is no Substitute"

Cheers,

Cigracing1

Just...wow...

Seems like there are over 100 people who disagree with that statement in the for sale section. Or maybe they just ran out of cash to pay for that un-substitutable object...

The stringers are wood....not that there's anything
wrong with that.
Seriously? I would rather do a different material if I had the choice.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 AM
rclaws35
Gold Member

I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. The boats are just now getting out to the public so why not wait and see side by side. I do believe and know Reggie's crew is trying to improve Baja.When you go to the lake and pull up beside a 2009 or 2010 36' Baja in your 2006 36' Baja I do think you will see a performance difference. After all you did not go to dealer to buy a long nose boat to go tubing. If you did I would buy a Searay. I also think Baja owners should be glad that the Baja line still exist.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've had 7 baja's with the best of luck, but only one of them had ext steering, I think making that standard should have been done a long time ago. After seeing your donzi and Davids T.G. Im screwed, I gotta figure out a way to make more $$$$$$$$$$$
Old 10-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

If I were buying today I would choose CHECKMATE for a real nice boat 30 foot and below and I would choose DONZI 35 foot and up.
I assume you had a great weekend on the Checkmate. That thing hauls ass.

Yeah, its been strange running into people like Blane and seeing him in a Donzi shirt, and JR and Dean wearing Checkmate shirts. I have an old Sunsation shirt that I will have to dig out now.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Bang for the Buck

If I were buying today I would choose CHECKMATE for a real nice boat 30 foot and below and I would choose DONZI 35 foot and up.
Hey, let's not forget that Formula makes awesome boats in the production class as well. Their CEO doesn't make the headlines like Reggie, but when you compare the build quality, performance, and customer focus\customer service, I don't think any other builder offers more value for your boating dollar.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM
rclaws35
Gold Member

Good Point and while we all agree with that it's hard when the factory and dealers have been basically telling you that your "BEFORE FOUNTAIN" is inferior to their new product.

I would agree that is probably true. Everyone knows Reggie has a passion for building boats.

I assume you mean a 35 since they did not build a 36 in 06 and Fountain did not get the old 36 molds.

Hum interesting . Why then is Reggie building the smaller islander series boats that Baja did so well with? Maybe he did not get the memo that some don't want the islander series to pull their kids behind. I know my kids and I sure enjoyed water sports behind out first 21 foot Baja.

*** I did say long nose, that doesn't include 21' **** Lets say anything above 30' Sorry I didn't know how touchy you were about the subject.*****

It is completely different so why should we?*** Because they are still being made unlike; say Seapro.

We are members of the Baja family which was erased with the help of Burnswick and Reggie.

The new "Baja by Fountain" is built in different state and in a different plant, by all different people who have a completely different approach to building boats. I'm not saying that is bad just pointing out that the Baja we have all know is gone and no longer exists.
*** So when you buy a new FORD or Chevy do look and see which state it was made in?***
Reggie is good at making boats go fast but most folks that purchased the Baja brand did not have speed at the top of the list of requirements. There was a lot more to the whole package then just trying to be the fastest and I know Reggie does not understand this because in his world speed is number one and all that counts.
***I would say my 01 Fountain is not as nice as 07's,08's but I am not mad about it.***
He is wonderful at self promotion, talking about himslef in third person, showing uo at poker runs and making a race out of them with pleasure boats and soing what every it takes to win but the one thing he has not done is let the former Baja owners know that he wants them as part of the family. I think that is beneath him because in his world we are beneath him.

Just my 2 cents

I also forgot to mention the dealers that have labeled us at HATERS that is nice and as far as I can tell Reggie does not have a problem with that. Some good Baja dealers were canned so Fountain dealers could get the line which carries right to the buyer and I hear a few one great Baja dealer is switching brands as I type this which speaks volumes of how well this has been received. *** You'll have that, it want put him out of buisness. ***

If Fountain went broke and Eliminator (just picking a name) ended up with a few of the molds and started building the boat as Fountain by Eliminator with no former Fountain people on the west coast completely different and they told you how much better their boat was then your how would you feel?
*** I love to have Eliminator (36' Cat Will work) ****

Quick Reply: Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.