Notices

Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Old 10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Great weekend and the boat ROCKS!

Good things to come from Checkmate.
Just saw your pics, I assumed they took the one with the twin outboards. Sounds like the new one is pretty fast too!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Talking

While some people on here do not seem to enjoy the lively debate of "Old" vs. "New," I thoroughly enjoy reading these threads. I mean it's much better than alot of the crap being discussed in some of the other forums.

Then again I enjoy listening to the Right and Left go back and forth killing each other in politics - so maybe I've got a problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Casey it's nice to hear from another dealer that was at the meeting, thank for posting the information. It's going to be another exciting year on the water. I can't wait to see one of the new Baja by Fountain's first had and take it for a run.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Bang for the Buck

If I were buying today I would choose CHECKMATE for a real nice boat 30 foot and below and I would choose DONZI 35 foot and up.

Both of those companies are really building a great product and have folks running them that you enjoy dealing with without all the BS.

Did I hear that the Cat Killer got it's A$$ kicked?
Doc, what's with all the Checkmate stuff here in the Baja forum?? Seems all the threads get hijacked and end up talking about Checkmates.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
Doc, what's with all the Checkmate stuff here in the Baja forum?? Seems all the threads get hijacked and end up talking about Checkmates.
There is more Baja in those boats than the ones coming out of Reggies shop...

Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
Agreed. That stuff belongs in the Checkmate or Donzi forum.

What needs to be pointed out here is that the "Baja family" is alive and well and is a big reason why we're on our second one. Whether Fountain chooses to embrace and be part of it remains to be seen. I suspect they will in time as it's hard to ignore the numbers of potential repeat Baja buyers or those who may consider moving over to the Fountain line.

What also needs to be clarified is that nobody (other than the semi-illiterate Cig guy) is saying the pre-Fountain boats were crap, only that Fountain is improving the line. That may very well be true, but this remains to be seen until the Fountain built Bajas have been on the water next to Brunswick built Bajas for a few years. Until then, I for one am VERY suspect of any of Fountain's statements given their outrageous advertising claims. The cat killer claims were so over the top that they don't have ANY credibility with me right now. Does Fountain make a good boat? Of course they do. Are they the "best, fastest, most fuel efficient"....blah blah blah? That's just arrogance, and that sort of attitude could very well alienate some potential buyers. I know it did me.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
There is more Baja in those boats than the ones coming out of Reggies shop...

What is wrong about the Fountain built Baja's? I don't understand. I will wait and see before passing any judgement.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Seriously? I would rather do a different material if I had the choice.
Most performance boat manufacturers use
wood for the stringers, and transoms, they are
encased in fiberglass.

The only way it's going to be a problem ( rot)
is if the seal is broken,( someone drilling through the
fiberglass, into the stringer or transom, to mount something , and not properly sealing it, to prevent moisture from entering)
or, if it was not properly sealed during the build process.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aside from the marketing tactics of Fountain, what makes them such the bad guy?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Aside from the marketing tactics of Fountain, what makes them such the bad guy?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2fGl9587X8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2fGl9587X8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Quick Reply: Baja By Fountain a change for the good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.