How bout this project? >

How bout this project?

Notices

How bout this project?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Mark,

This could be a really good summer for you with the bike winning awards, the boat ready to win Poker Runs, and lets not forget about the Jeep to play with also......

Hey, even the gas prices might remain down this year.

XT
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have had the good fortune to be in a dozen magazines with the Baja but now with the motorcycle I just got my first article published in "Full Throttle Magazine".

Full Throttle Magazine
May 2009
Issue #130
Page #90

The wife and I are the activities directors for the local HOG chapter and our "Moose Hunt Ride" caught the attention of a local writer for the magazine and he contacted me. I'm pretty excited about this and considering a possible carreer change!

Here is the article and the picture. You can pick up a copy of this magazine in the Carolina's at most all motorcycle shops.

Story and photo by Mark Terry

Not many people have gone moose hunting, but I think it is safe to say that no one had gone moose hunting in North Carolina before now. A few of The Statesville HOG Chapter members, sponsored by Tilley H-D, scouted out the illusive hunting grounds where legend had it that a moose towering more than 15 feet tall lived. It was confirmed to be true and because of the huge size of this moose it was determined that the entire chapter would be called on to help bring it down.

On Sunday, March 8, 2009 at sun up 48 brave men and women on 40 Harleys and one VW trike headed out on a 45 mile ride to bag a trophy for our dealership. I’m proud to say that the only fear in the air that morning was the fear felt by the moose as the roar of 40 bikes and a trike, that could be heard for miles, drew near.

Our lead rider signaled the group to keep the engine noise as low as possible. When we topped the hill, there right before our eyes stood the largest moose any of us had ever seen. You could see the fear in its eyes as it stood proudly displaying its enormous rack. Frozen in its tracks the group quickly surrounded the moose, took aim and fired the shot with our camera.

The moose was too beautiful to kill so we left it for others to enjoy for years to come. If anyone tries to tell you there are no moose in North Carolina you now know there is One Big Moose in Mooresville, NC.
Attached Thumbnails How bout this project?-hog-march-8-2009-020.jpg