35 Outlaw with 525 raylar kits

Notices

35 Outlaw with 525 raylar kits

Old 12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by fleg1
i would lean towards the 525's.. Reason being that they are a 502 block that has all FORGED parts unlike the 496 that is cast parts.. I would think with a few tweaks here and there you can get 550 out of the blue motors..
The Raylar stuff uses forged pistons

http://www.raylarengine.com/packages.html

525's have been rumored to make around 540 hp.
...there's not much left to be had from them short
of supercharging.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I have ever seen that was informative on that site was you get no cork from TRICK and the how to change an impeller class 101. #1 reason to stay away the owner is a FLAKE.

Now Brian why would you go and make a BONE HEAD remark like that... Quit being a JACKASS!!!!!

There is a wealth of information on TBM... Let the man make up his own mind if he doesn't like the site he doesn't have to go there.. He doesn't need you to tell him to stay away..[/QUOTE]

I have been reading on that site for a couple of years, I just don't find the info there that I do on here .
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
The Raylar stuff uses forged pistons

http://www.raylarengine.com/packages.html

525's have been rumored to make around 540 hp.
...there's not much left to be had from them short
of supercharging.
JT what about the crank do they replace the cast crank with a forged one also? Just wondering..

Well If the blues are making 540 I would definitely go that route.. What kind of torque does the blue's put out compared to the raylar anybody know?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Redbud,
Having dealt will both set ups personally I would go with the Merc 525 for the reasons Fleg1 posted and if you already have the 496's sell them and you will be a head of the game.

Fleg1,
I told you in my PM that any chance I have I will take a stab at TBM and its owner. If you haven't notice Blake does not come over here to defend himself as he is not wanted in fact I think he is BANNED (might not be true about the banned part but it is funny).
Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

JT what about the crank do they replace the cast crank with a forged one also? Just wondering..

Well If the blues are making 540 I would definitely go that route.. What kind of torque does the blue's put out compared to the raylar anybody know?

Don't know if they come with them, but they do offer them.
http://www.raylarengine.com/parts.html

Here's a few different dyno sheets of Raylars
http://www.raylarengine.com/dyno.html

I think the 525 merc's are somewhere in the
low/mid 500 ft/lb range.

Ray from Raylar is on this site alot, maybe he'll
chime in and give us the low down.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

I am leaning to the blue 525's but still want to talk to Ray. This whole thing started with wanting headers so I could turn the labbed 28's from Bblades that I have from my 30, what a turn of events. Boy will my buddies be surprised when we're running 70 together and I walk away from them like they're stting still. Anyone want to buy a pair of HO's with 60 hours and factory warranty left?

Last edited by redbud35; 12-30-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by brian41
Know that you have a BAJA go join the only all BAJA site on the web TEAMBAJAMARINE.COM

The only thing I have ever seen that was informative on that site was you get no cork from TRICK and the how to change an impeller class 101. #1 reason to stay away the owner is a FLAKE.

Someone sounds bitter!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
I am leaning to the blue 525's but still want to talk to Ray. This whole thing started with wanting headers so I could turn the labbed 28's from Bblades that I have from my 30, what a turn of events. Boy will my buddies be surprised when we're running 70 together and I walk away from them like they're stting still. Anyone want to buy a pair of HO's with 60 hours and factory warranty left?
I personally would go with the 525's and sell your motors complete. I went round and round about this last fall about 496Mags and repowering...Problem you run into is that you are opening the motor up which immediately voids your warranty. 2nd if you decide to sell the boat less likely to appeal to someone with a 496 setup thats been modified vs. Blue 525's also keep in mind that if your going to redo all the cast parts with forged your looking at completely rebuilding the motor and you already paid for the motors once. Along with the fact that your looking at buying CMI's that if your lucky you'll only gain 10hp from and make somemore noise.

Do yourself a favor and buy the 525's. I'm not bashing on the Raylar Kit cause I do think its a sweet kit, but when your looking at 12,000 per side and you can buy 525's for 14,000 a side it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is the better route, plus you can sell your 496's and recoup some of your money where the other way your just spending it...JMO take it for what its worth..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

And if you have 496 Mags, you probably only have regular Bravo ones, not even X's, let alone the XR's you'd want with the power upgrade
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL30
And if you have 496 Mags, you probably only have regular Bravo ones, not even X's, let alone the XR's you'd want with the power upgrade
They are HO's with Bravo 1X drives. CPR and others seem to think the X's will be fine considering the weight of the 35. I definately would not go as far as drive upgrades. I'd have as much money in this thing as if I would have ordered new with HP525's.

Quick Reply: 35 Outlaw with 525 raylar kits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.