So it begins...A rebuild thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good Brent! Looks like you got a lot done after I left
Old 02-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered

Ha! Yeah I worked until my hands couldn't take it anymore. Just trying to get my glass order in now so it will be here before the weekend.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

hey I made it out to the boat like you said about 2'' all together , I can't find the baja 24ol that had the big blower motor in it, they did not move the tank moved the glass around the pulley but that needs like 5'' I think so I might have to cut my tank down so I can move the bulkhead so the pulley fits. the 24ol was from penn area 93 or 94 I think they sold it cause its not listed anymore.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

If you reeeeeaaaaly wanted to cut the tank down it probably wouldn't be that hard. I think you could probably get about 6 inches off the front before you get to the filler/breather. It would suck to have to cut some off the front and the back because of the pick-ups/fillers and have to re-weld both ends.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
If you reeeeeaaaaly wanted to cut the tank down it probably wouldn't be that hard. I think you could probably get about 6 inches off the front before you get to the filler/breather. It would suck to have to cut some off the front and the back because of the pick-ups/fillers and have to re-weld both ends.
I think I got there phone # so I will call then they moved theres just in the middle the bulkhead so I NEED TO ASK IF THERE DRIVE PULLEY FOR WPUMP/ ALT/PSTEERING WAS A 2PULLEY OR 3 THAT WOULD PICK UP SOME ROOM WELL GOOD NITE ITS LATE
Old 02-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Ten hours of chipping and grinding, got about 95% of the bedding goop off. Need to get a better dust collector, the 'snow' in the pics is kind of funny

Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Wow Brent looks good. Had planned on coming over this weekend but with the snow on saturday I had to plow and then finish the attic door Sunday.

Going to be in town this coming weekend?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Yeah, the rest of my supplies (the first order anyhow) should be here sometime this week. Hopefully I recover by then, I spent most of the day Sunday riding four wheelers and my hips hurt like hell. Then I got the worst case of food poisoning ever early Monday morning, was hugging the toilet for 8 hours, it sucked. I think somebody shat in the pizza sauce at Little Caesars or something, the boys got sick too.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Registered

So I take it you will be in late Friday? One you guys must of pi$$ed off the pizza guy! Hope you are feeling better.
So are you ready to start glassing then?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Registered

Still trying to get this thing back together. Two layers of biax last weekend and four this weekend to try to get the inside leveled out and add to the piddly two layers from the factory. I overdid the center a little bit and have to build up the sides sone now but its all good. Using vinyl ester resin, so far its been pretty good, with the cool temps had some good workability times. Should be ready to put the wood in next weekend fix the holes from the outside. Haven't decide yet if I'm going to try to move the x-dim up some or just put things back the way they were. It sure would save a lot of time to just put things back in the same place.

Quick Reply: So it begins...A rebuild thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.