Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Houston International Boat Show and no Baja? >

Houston International Boat Show and no Baja?

Notices

Houston International Boat Show and no Baja?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston International Boat Show and no Baja?

Hopefully I'll make it the boat show before the end of the week. Had a friend that went Saturday who noted that he didn't see any Baja's this year. Maybe he missed them or maybe they didnt show? Any input.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have been there with Fountain? But its up to the dealer. I know we are only doing maybe 5 shows this year in comparison to about 15 last year. Houston could be like other area's where the show has just gotten stupid expensive, in VA beach we ended up spending just over 20K for ONE show. We would rather attend poker runs, charity events, sponcer ski tournaments, and so on with the marketing money.

Not to sound bitter,, but many of the boat shows have become a place to let the kids run free for the day rather than shop and buy boats, thus why we have drastically cut back, if some one is at a poker run or ski tournament at least we know they like to boat!!!!

WILL
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Boat Shows are going to be smaller from here on out with some boat lines missing. You make a very good point, I totally agree about boat shows. Tire kickers and something for people to do that day. Plus some dealers have not even order their 2009 boats yet along with the frozen credit markets. Dealer floorplans are getting lowered and some going away because Textron is out leaving GE Capital who has more red than they can handle. All dealer orders are down across the board. Good luck for 09
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Hopefully I'll make it the boat show before the end of the week. Had a friend that went Saturday who noted that he didn't see any Baja's this year. Maybe he missed them or maybe they didnt show? Any input.
Houston area Marine Max is no longer carrying Baja's. Texas Sportfishing in Clear Lake seems to only carry Fountain fishing boats. So basicly no Baja's in the area. The closest dealership is South Austin Marine in Austin and Legend Marine in the Dallas area. A roadtrip might be the ticket to see the new Baja By Fountain. The Austin and Dallas boatshows are coming up.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 47 Posts

I haven't been yet this year...might not go. But I was told from a very reliable source that Baja was supposed to make an appearance from somewhere up North to the show this year.... Guess they decided against it last min from what it sounds like......damn.

MR BAJA!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Houston could be like other area's where the show has just gotten stupid expensive, in VA beach we ended up spending just over 20K for ONE show.

Not to mention its a hell of alot of work setting up and tearing down. I helped Blaine (now with Donzi) tear down the Baja display last year. It pure madness getting that display down and out as quickly as possible! Luckily we were right by the door so we were one of the first out.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Not to mention its a hell of alot of work setting up and tearing down. I helped Blaine (now with Donzi) tear down the Baja display last year. It pure madness getting that display down and out as quickly as possible! Luckily we were right by the door so we were one of the first out.
We used to take them off the trailers, turn them sideways, angle in the air, forget it. it stays on the trailer now. Yea try coming back at 1am to take town because you on the other side of the show. How about asking parents to get their kids off the bows of 200K boats with their efing shoes, and then the parents yell at us.

Seriously the Boat shows have just gotten tooo expensive for the dealers and consumers. For what we spend on the average show, about 10K we can put on a day event that is free, with Band, food, and beer, and give away plenty of prizes, all FREE TO WHO COMES, talk about customer appreciation!!!! We know if they come to the water at least they know what a boat is.

For us its just comes down to supporting those who actually boat.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
We used to take them off the trailers, turn them sideways, angle in the air, forget it. it stays on the trailer now. Yea try coming back at 1am to take town because you on the other side of the show. How about asking parents to get their kids off the bows of 200K boats with their efing shoes, and then the parents yell at us.

Seriously the Boat shows have just gotten tooo expensive for the dealers and consumers. For what we spend on the average show, about 10K we can put on a day event that is free, with Band, food, and beer, and give away plenty of prizes, all FREE TO WHO COMES, talk about customer appreciation!!!! We know if they come to the water at least they know what a boat is.

For us its just comes down to supporting those who actually boat.
Great point. I have done many Int'l Builder Shows in my day and you often wonder if it is worth the $$
Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

There will be no Baja's at the Chicago show either. Shogren is saving his money for something else.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

at the boston show shoes are not aloud on the boats they have places to sit or stand and take them off and some boats you need a member of the Company to board with you. I fit in cause I have a merc racing or baja shirt on. I was at one show and I think I sold a DONZI and a fountain and BAJA the same night just talking to people the reps were hey you want a job. I was wearing a mercury shirt. it was 02 or 03.boy the money they charge you dealers is crazy, then they hit us with 10 bucks to park 10 to get in 8 for beer its nuts its time for all the dealers for boats ,campers, cars to say phuck you we are not coming this year. it should be 500 for a 10by 10 area for cloth ing or what ever. and boats should be more than 2500 a company they make millions from us guys or families that go in. well I AM GOING TO BOSTON anyways if it comes,but OL is a hour away and they don't come.

Quick Reply: Houston International Boat Show and no Baja?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.