pop up bow light

Notices

pop up bow light

Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I have a cheap solution for you all.
After you set your anchor, take the line & loop it through the bow eye so you have a loop going through the bow eye. Take that loop up to the cleat & attach like the looped end of a dock line. Voila! You now have solved your bow light breakage problem.
my reason is purely for cosmetics. The Cig has super sexy lines but then the bow light just looks out of place & ruins it all. Also need to remove cleats & put some pop ups in, then remove those line holders, or whatever they are called.
Attached Thumbnails pop up bow light-dsc00021.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also need to remove cleats & put some pop ups in, then remove those line holders, or whatever they are called.

I dunno, if you leave the cleats positioned where they are, you just about have to keep the line holders don't you? to keep the lines from chaffing on the boat? Or do you mean to remove the cleats that are there and put new ones near where the line holders are now?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pwam1

I dunno, if you leave the cleats positioned where they are, you just about have to keep the line holders don't you? to keep the lines from chaffing on the boat? Or do you mean to remove the cleats that are there and put new ones near where the line holders are now?
right, move the pop up cleats out to where the line holders are now. that part of the bow is a storage area so no issue w/ the cleat being recessed.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

my anchor line is attached to the boat inside the locker, so I can not feeed the line throught he tow hook. plus i have to replace light anyway, so might as well use the one i want to fix other problems. i will run the drain into my anchor locker. So the LED one is the one to go with.

Obnoxous:
does the new hole line up? or am i making new ones for the screws too? also got a link to the correct one? any pics?

thanks going to be ordering and putting in with a few other goodies, TV/dvd, inverter, marine radio and intena.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac
my anchor line is attached to the boat inside the locker, so I can not feeed the line throught he tow hook. plus i have to replace light anyway, so might as well use the one i want to fix other problems. i will run the drain into my anchor locker. So the LED one is the one to go with.
Yes you can. Mine is the same way. I take out 5 extra foot of line, hold it above my head. Take the loop it makes in my left hand from holding it above my head & feed that loop through the bow eye. I then take that same loop back up to the bow cleat & tie it off.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac
Obnoxous:
does the new hole line up? or am i making new ones for the screws too? also got a link to the correct one? any pics?

No,,,, you have to make new holes,,,,,, gonna give you a trade secret,,,,,, drill the screw mount hole in reverse.

The LED popups are the round install ones.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.acconmarine.com/p-57-led-bow-light.aspx
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
jfm
Registered

Those are the nice ones. I had to cut a pattern out for the one I have. Wish these where around then.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I have a cheap solution for you all.
After you set your anchor, take the line & loop it through the bow eye so you have a loop going through the bow eye. Take that loop up to the cleat & attach like the looped end of a dock line. Voila! You now have solved your bow light breakage problem.
See XT's comment about the sober one at night...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered

drill in reverse?

like drill from inside the boat to the out side? would not thing you could get the drill in there.

or just spin the srill in reverse so it does not bit into the fiber glass so hard?

Quick Reply: pop up bow light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.