The New Checkmate/baja >

The New Checkmate/baja

Notices

The New Checkmate/baja

Old 02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's very sharp looking boat. Since I'm an old creeker, I pay more attention to creature comforts and cabins than most of you guys probably do. I did a double take on this new model, and thought this couldn't possibly be the remake of the ZT240 could it?

Checkmate and Baja seem to be a better fit than Fountain, but at any rate, Checkmate would more than likely expand their base by adding to the mix like this. Smart and economical move, if they can pick and choose wisely.

This boat will sell very well IMO.

Also be interesting to compare the builds with the new FAJA's
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way boat business is today I applaud anyone who ponies up and does ANYTHING new.
Yes, it has some obvious Baja styling. No, it is not a traditional styled Checkmate.
Why does anyone get offended when these guys are trying to get through these economic times.

I personally think that even though there are some similarities, it has up-to-date styling that will appeal to a much larger audience than just the die-hard Checkmate owners.

I like it. If I were in the market I would buy one in a heartbeat. (albeit with different graphics)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
IJust like my 36 it started at Cigarette then went to Force and then to Baja.
Your 36 Outlaw? Wait, the 36' mold was once a Cig mold? Really?

I think its neat seeing an old celebrated model from the Baja lineup have new life as a Checkmate.

Relax Checkmate owners, I highly doubt the whole line will change to similar styling. In my opinion though, I like the H2X styling a bit better than the typical Check style...
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

I think it looks great. Oh wait I shouldn't say that since I own a Baja. LOL. If it's a nice boat it's a nice boat. People put your purse down and pull your g-string out of your butt and except there will be changes. Roll with it. Also, the interior looks really good.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered

I'll never understand the CM guys looking down their noses at the Baja guys. I never spent much time in Bucyrus growing up but was the CM factory in a nicer part of town than the Baja factory or what???
Old 02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I'll never understand the CM guys looking down their noses at the Baja guys. I never spent much time in Bucyrus growing up but was the CM factory in a nicer part of town than the Baja factory or what???

Nope .. both on the outskirts ....just different sides of town

Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Nobody is looking down on Baja and this is coming from a Checkmate guy. Its fine and dandy if the new owner of Checkmate Doug Smith wants to build this H2 Baja. But it should be called something else Instead of a Checkmate 244 ZT

I think a good name would be to call it what it really is a H2

So call it The Retro H2X by Checkmate

Us Checkmate owners own Checkmates for the style just like you Baja guys what if Bayliner stuck a Baja sticker on a 24 foot hull how would you feel then
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just personal opinion, but I love the looks of the new Checkmate, and though I liked the boats, I was always turned off by the Baja graphics.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

After reading Docks post (#23), I too can understand where the die hard Checkmate fans are coming from. Obviously we are going through this with the new Bajas by Fountain.

However..........

Checkmate has been around for a long time, probably one of the oldest boat companys I know of. In order to survive this starving market they will have to be creative to compete. Maybe the 244 isnt for everyone, but its built by the same people who've been building Checkmates for years with the quality you expect from a Checkmate. It will open doors to new customers as well. Plus the rest of the lineup is still there, just check out the NEW website.

http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/
Old 02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
After reading Docks post (#23), I too can understand where the die hard Checkmate fans are coming from. Obviously we are going through this with the new Bajas by Fountain.

However..........

Checkmate has been around for a long time, probably one of the oldest boat companys I know of. In order to survive this starving market they will have to be creative to compete. Maybe the 244 isnt for everyone, but its built by the same people who've been building Checkmates for years with the quality you expect from a Checkmate. It will open doors to new customers as well. Plus the rest of the lineup is still there, just check out the NEW website.

http://www.checkmatepowerboats.net/
You guys are trying to force this on people, either they like it or dont. There is no need for explanation on why this or the reason they used it was.....

Quick Reply: The New Checkmate/baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.