The New Checkmate/baja >

The New Checkmate/baja

Notices

The New Checkmate/baja

Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidewinder-Boats
Call Mike at Checkmate, they got lots of them.
Bring me a couple. I have a few blank spots on my tool box at home where teambajamarine stickers used to be!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Bring me a couple. I have a few blank spots on my tool box at home where teambajamarine stickers used to be!
Get your ass back down here. We can party with or without Jason. Lots of Coors Light on me...
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen this boat in the mold a couple of weeks ago, it was tough to tell all the exacts - VERY NICE!! (Great Pics)

Back in "the era", under all that metalflake, wasn't it tough to tell them apart??

Speaking of which, while I was at the Checkmate factory, they were building some new boats with metalflake stripes, and they looked pretty cool.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA

Umm, ok. I thought this was a discussion board. Seems there are always rules on what we can talk about.

You guys are the ones doing the detective work here. No need to point out the obvious.
It wasn't intended as a shot at you just used your post as a quote. They are discussion boards but people can draw their own conclussions and dont need to be told why they should like a certain product.

I like the new checkmate as it is an old Baja. If they would make a 25 OL with checkmate on the side of it I would probably buy one.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

This is gonna hurt so read at your own risk.

Truth of the matter is Checkmate sales have fallen drastically (not only under Doug's reign but also long before Doug took over). The Checkmate styling is very niche oriented. The "hardcore-oldschool" Checkmate guys were buying a boat or two a month. That boat or two each month is not enough revenue to keep the doors open in the plant. They (Checkmate) are trying to chase boat sales just like every other builder in the country. The new stuff is going to help those doors stay open. The upshoot is as long as the doors are open you'll still be able to buy that "oldschool" Checkmate that you all love.

Anybody offended here, catch up with me this summer and I'll buy you a beer.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WOTW2E

Truth of the matter is Checkmate sales have fallen drastically (not only under Doug's reign but also long before Doug took over). The Checkmate styling is very niche oriented. The "hardcore-oldschool" Checkmate guys were buying a boat or two a month. That boat or two each month is not enough revenue to keep the doors open in the plant. They (Checkmate) are trying to chase boat sales just like every other builder in the country. The new stuff is going to help those doors stay open. The upshoot is as long as the doors are open you'll still be able to buy that "oldschool" Checkmate that you all love.

Exactly, as long as the doors are open you can still get the olds school boats. Now, the customer base just got a little wider, which is always good.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Adam,

I want to say "well written", but Im a little offended so I'll take the beer this summer. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Get your ass back down here. We can party with or without Jason. Lots of Coors Light on me...
I was down there in Nov or Dec, it was a total blur as usual.

You need to drag that 252 up here to Baja Country! Have the boys at XT redo that cockpit, and I'll buff it top to bottom. We'll make it look like a new one!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
I know as well as anybody else he was very proud of that new BECKMATE like he built it himself out of his garage.

But he loves his Baja's and I can accept that and I love my Combs era Checkmate

Just think about all the trash that got talked about the Fountain buy out this post was nothing
PH,

I have nothing but respect for the passion you have for your boat. Heck, none of use HAVE to buy these boats. They are a purchase that is driven only by the passion for the lifestyle, and the product. It's a matter of seeing a boat that you like, then you buy one, and then you love it. As long as you allow the BECKMATES to raft off of your classic Checkmate, I'm cool.

Now bring-on some Blow Boaters so we can do some bashing!

XT
Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

If it will get me a free beer..... I can be offended

Quick Reply: The New Checkmate/baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.