Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Boatman for sharing picture
Regards
Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at a 35 at the St. Louis boat show. The cabins are a 100% improvement. The rest of the boat looks about the same. Windsreen is horrible. They did use the lower priced throttles and shifters. But there has been a lot of money spent where I don't think many buyers would look. Sea strainers, dual power steering pumps, 380 K-planes, labbed props. That's a few thousand right there. I guess even the sales kid that was standing there thinks the new ones are better. He tried telling me the boat will run 80 with HO's and that Fountain reworked the bottom of the boat. I didn't want to embarrass him in front of 20 people, but come on they need to learn the product they are selling a little better. The only change to the bottom is a vent hole in the notch. WE actuallt thought about doing that to my boat when the engines were out. I think Fountain has been doing that a long time.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Red- you are correct, the 35 bottom is the same as before. The boat runs low 70's with HO's, same as before! The sales guy should be shot!

Im glad you like the improvments!

At that show or in KC, a couple of years ago, a salesman told a customer of mine that you could not get a 405 Baja with HP525efi's, 496 were the biggest power.

2 months later I delivered the same customer a 405 with blue power!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Red- you are correct, the 35 bottom is the same as before. The boat runs low 70's with HO's, same as before! The sales guy should be shot!

Im glad you like the improvments!

At that show or in KC, a couple of years ago, a salesman told a customer of mine that you could not get a 405 Baja with HP525efi's, 496 were the biggest power.

Do you think that vent helps much? Also is that 405 at LOTO? I see a red and white one with 525's just about every weekend. Nice boat!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

The vent seems to help with the 700 boats. The 700's dont build the HP out of the hole like the 496-525 boats do. I dont think it does anything for top end.

Ya, thats the boat, it is awesome, runs a little over 70 mph, gen and air rollin!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja

We also built a 405 with 600s in it. If only it had stringers in it............would have made fun poker run boat!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Nebraskabaja,
I assume that is your boat in your avatar. Is that the one with 700's?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
I looked at a 35 at the St. Louis boat show. The cabins are a 100% improvement. The rest of the boat looks about the same. Windsreen is horrible. They did use the lower priced throttles and shifters. But there has been a lot of money spent where I don't think many buyers would look. Sea strainers, dual power steering pumps, 380 K-planes, labbed props. That's a few thousand right there. I guess even the sales kid that was standing there thinks the new ones are better. He tried telling me the boat will run 80 with HO's and that Fountain reworked the bottom of the boat. I didn't want to embarrass him in front of 20 people, but come on they need to learn the product they are selling a little better. The only change to the bottom is a vent hole in the notch. WE actuallt thought about doing that to my boat when the engines were out. I think Fountain has been doing that a long time.
Wow, I was standing there when he said that I thought he said 82. Were you the guy telling him about your 35 with 525's?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Default Baja 342

Greetings everyone, I recently got a 342 w/502s and would greatly appreciate any information & tricks for it. Also any good dealer contacts as it seems no info is out there on early models? Just getting aquainted and any tips or opinions will be helpful.
Thanks in advance for your replys, anyone in Central Florida going boating?
Gene
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
Do you think that vent helps much?
The vent is only there to break the suction from the notch while climbing up on plane. As noted it, does nothing for top end. We vented the notch on Split Decision and added sea cocks. We were going to test time to plane with the valves open and closed to see if it made a difference but the rug was jerked out from underneath us and well, you know the rest of the story. I am sure they do help in certain applications. As a side note, Lucky 7s nor Poker face had the notches vented.

Quick Reply: Any Miami BAJA pics???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.