Props 272 >

Props 272

Notices

Props 272

Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

hello , can i askyou something, i have a baja 275(1998) whit a brand new 496 ho, bravo one 1.5 ( original x dimension) , spinning a 23 mirage plus the boat goes at 10 milles/hr over rpm, (40 m/hr @3000 rpm, ).top rpm 4900
whit a 23 bravo one ( was 24) the feeling of the boat is relly bad lost 5 m/hr in mid rpm and 2-3 m/hrs at top, spinning 4900..not the right prop at all

now my question, i m looking for a 25 mirage plus to makeit 24, you think that this is right , or better to work on th 23???? cause i was riding your post , and i dont know what to think abaut the mirage 25... thanks a lot .
do you agree whit me that the problem whit the bravo one on this boat is the lower x dimension setup from factory??
shorter lower????
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Hi,

sorry for my bad english, im from Germany.

I also have a Baja 272 with a brandnew 2008 496HO .

I tried many props, labbed Bravo One 24P and 26P, Mirage Plus 23P and Mirage Plus 24P labbed.

Both Mirage Props are to small, I am running them into the rev limiter @ 5200rpm(the Mirage Plus 24P labbed @ 68,1mph GPS).

I do most like the Bravo One 24P labbed, great acceleration, best midrange and good top speed(around 67mph GPS, depending on conditions...)

Bravo One 26P is to big, only 4900rpm !

Best regards,

Norman
Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Default hi norman

hello norman, well seen like both of us have the same problem, i m looking for the best prop, i dont know what year is your boat but seems newer than mine(2000, but copletely redone 3 months ag, 496 ho, marine machine steering, bravo one 1.5 original "x" dimension), cause you can turn a 24p bravo one and i cant. i was riding that bravo one is not a good prop for that hiull cause the bravo give more stern lift, and my hull needs more bow lift , so i m trying whit a mirage plus 23 and is too short. but i try a bravo 24 and is to dificult to get the boat to plane,bravo one 23p, lost speed and feel to much drag, so i m thinking that i gonna try whit a mirage plus 25 whit a little trick like cup and finishing or a hydromotive rev 4 23. those props are bow lifting props. why your boat is faster than mine if we have the same configuration hull?? i just can get 65 whit the mirage 23 at 4900??? what year is your hull???
Old 03-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I had a 23 mirage and switched to a 24 turbo vector and got 2 more mph from 65-67 with a stock 502.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Registered

You may want to give a Rev 4 24P a try, they seem to like the baja hulls right from the box with no labbing. To get a Bravo 1 to work best it needs to be labbed to get the much needed cup in it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
You may want to give a Rev 4 24P a try, they seem to like the baja hulls right from the box with no labbing. To get a Bravo 1 to work best it needs to be labbed to get the much needed cup in it.

I think the Rev's only come in odd pitches so would be a 21 or 23....probably the 23 for him since he's at sea level.

Hopefully I'll be able to try out the 23p Rev 4 on my ride within the next couple of weeks.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27bajaboss
I have a 1998 272 Bajaboss. I pulled out the 454 mag and installing a 502 mag. Does any run this combo and know what prop runs the best ?
I had this setup and after testing several props. I found the 24pBravo labbed to be the best setup for the boat. I used a 22p for pulling skiers,tubes,wakeboards it got me out of the hole fast but ran out of prop at 60mph on gps. The 24pBravo labbed got me 67mph on gps with 2 adults and 1/2 tank of fuel.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Default Help Whit Proppppp

hello . anyone knows the diference between a REVOLUTION 4/BRAVO ONE/HYDROMOTIVE INTIMIDATOR 4 ??
MY BOAT IS A BAJA 27.5 2000 496 HO BRAVO 1.5 MOUNTED IN ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION (FROM KELL TO PROP SHAFT 8 INCHES)
I WAS SPINNING A MIRAGE + 23 63.4 GPS AT 5000,
AFTER TAHT I WENT TO BRAVO ONE 24.. TO HARD TO GET PLANING.. I SENDIT TO A PROP SHOP AND THEY FIX THE PROP TO 23 WHIT A MEDIUN CUP. WHIT THIS PROP THE BOAT IS GETTING ALMOST SAME TOP SPEED 4900RPM WTO BUT A HORRIBLE FEELING OF DRAG.( I THINK THAT THE BRAVO ONE IS A SEMI SURFACE PROP AND DONT WORK WELL ON THIS 8 INCHES DEEP LOWER) SO I THINK THAT IGONNA TRY WHIT A MIRAGE PLUS 25, TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS, I WANT TO TRY A REV 4 WHICH I THINK IS MADE TO WORK ON MORE CONSERVATIVES "X" DIMENSIONS DRIVES.GIVING MORE BOW LIFT(NEEDIT FOR BAJA HULLS).BESIDE TO BUY A SHORTY IMCO LOWER WHICH I CANT AFORD RIGHT NOW. SOMEBODY HAVE A OPINION??? IF TRY A REVOLUTION 4 23P??OR KEEP TRYING WHIT MIRAGES+????
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

It sounds like you are on the right track with testing them for yourself. Only you will know which works best for your application. Not sure if you are buying these or borrowing them but bblades has a prop test program.....$30 + shipping both ways and you get to test which ever prop you want for 15 days. It might be worth a try if there are a few you would like to test.

http://www.bblades.com/
Old 03-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIAMI/BAJA
hello . anyone knows the diference between a REVOLUTION 4/BRAVO ONE/HYDROMOTIVE INTIMIDATOR 4 ??
MY BOAT IS A BAJA 27.5 2000 496 HO BRAVO 1.5 MOUNTED IN ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION (FROM KELL TO PROP SHAFT 8 INCHES)
I WAS SPINNING A MIRAGE + 23 63.4 GPS AT 5000,
AFTER TAHT I WENT TO BRAVO ONE 24.. TO HARD TO GET PLANING.. I SENDIT TO A PROP SHOP AND THEY FIX THE PROP TO 23 WHIT A MEDIUN CUP. WHIT THIS PROP THE BOAT IS GETTING ALMOST SAME TOP SPEED 4900RPM WTO BUT A HORRIBLE FEELING OF DRAG.( I THINK THAT THE BRAVO ONE IS A SEMI SURFACE PROP AND DONT WORK WELL ON THIS 8 INCHES DEEP LOWER) SO I THINK THAT IGONNA TRY WHIT A MIRAGE PLUS 25, TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS, I WANT TO TRY A REV 4 WHICH I THINK IS MADE TO WORK ON MORE CONSERVATIVES "X" DIMENSIONS DRIVES.GIVING MORE BOW LIFT(NEEDIT FOR BAJA HULLS).BESIDE TO BUY A SHORTY IMCO LOWER WHICH I CANT AFORD RIGHT NOW. SOMEBODY HAVE A OPINION??? IF TRY A REVOLUTION 4 23P??OR KEEP TRYING WHIT MIRAGES+????
A buddy of mine has the same boat/engine combo as you and he actually likes the 24p Bravo I better than the 23p Mirage +. Although it took his rpm down from 5k+ to 4700 he says he picked up a few mph on top. His is a few years newer than yours; maybe they changed something on the boat's setup from year to year, I don't know.

In any case, if you're turning the 23p Mirage + at 5k rpm that's right where you need to be. If you go to a 25p Mirage + you'll need to have it labbed to pick up the rpm you lose by going to a higher pitched prop. Since you like the feel of the 3-blade prop this might be a good option for you.

If it was me I'd try the 23p Rev 4 just to see how you like it. I have one that I'm going to be trying out on my 26OL as soon as I get on the water this year. Everyone I know that is running that prop on a Baja is happy with the results. As Bajaman mentioned, bblades has a prop loaner program but in Miami you should be able to find someone local with the same sort of program. They also may have some suggestions for you.

Quick Reply: Props 272

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.