Fountains done making new Baja,s

Notices

Fountains done making new Baja,s

Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
As a dealer they don't do that, they call and say how many boats are you ordering??

Keep us informed
that's what I thought.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
that's what I thought.
he,s not a dealer for fountain or baja Sanborn was to trying to sign them as a new one ,as of now they didnt sign. There are no baja or fountain dealer in that region of lake erie that I know of . Freddies power sports Did the Cleveland boatshow they had both lines . he,s out of warren O.H. he dont show up on Fountain web sight aS DEALER Those boat went to Shogrens after show. time will tell
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered

Why would a rep from Fountain/Baja try to sign up a dealer and then tell them that they aren't going to build the boat that they want them to sell anymore???
Old 03-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Registered

I would imagine that the comment was taken out of context, it is much more likely that, he meant that production of Baja's have been stopped or slowed until demand picks back up again.

There is a completely different manufacturing strategy taking hold in the marine industry Build to order vs build to stock. I'm not sure how Fountain operated, but it would make more sense that Fountain would not be building any more Baja's until retail sales pickup, which in turn will force dealers to place wholesale orders.

My $0.02
Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nomomoney
Why would a rep from Fountain/Baja try to sign up a dealer and then tell them that they aren't going to build the boat that they want them to sell anymore???
Im not defending this thread, but in post #10 he is talking about selling new Fountains, NOT Baja.

My biggest question over the past year is why did Fountain lose so many of the most important dealers, including the oldest and largest?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a large Fountain that will most likely be started in the next 2 weeeks and I also have a 2009 Baja 278 on order as I type. I was at the factory less than 2 weeks ago and there were SEVERAL new Baja's going down the line and very few Fountains being built. Baja has created work for all the employees at Fountain from factory work to sales. I chaulk this up as another rumor!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2nd that
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

CrayolaCrazy is a dip sh*t. All you do is start dumb threads and stir crap up. I would love to meet you face to face and kick some f...ing brains into you.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered

i was told a while back fountain was going to close down. compleatly. i couldnt believe it as im sure threwout the years reggie has put millions away and worst case he would close the doors of day to day operation and do build to order for a while. i cant see him ditching baja either considering he will probably sell 3 bajas to one fountain, or better.
but who kows. call reggie.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Im not defending this thread, but in post #10 he is talking about selling new Fountains, NOT Baja.

My biggest question over the past year is why did Fountain lose so many of the most important dealers, including the oldest and largest?

Pricing and the pressure to bring in a certain # of boats.

Quick Reply: Fountains done making new Baja,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.