So who's next ?

Notices

So who's next ?

Old 04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who's next ?

I'm lucky enough to have two boats a 36 outlaw and a 28 deck
in havasu. I called the service dept this am to bring the deck boat in for it's spring tune up and I find out the magic and sleek are no more. It's completely shut down, all sale and sevice in all 4 locations gone for good, what a shame! so it bares the question is this just the start to the end, or just the beginning?How many will we lose this year aloan. let aloan how many will be here in 5 years?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOSS302
I'm lucky enough to have two boats a 36 outlaw and a 28 deck
in havasu. I called the service dept this am to bring the deck boat in for it's spring tune up and I find out the magic and sleek are no more. It's completely shut down, all sale and sevice in all 4 locations gone for good, what a shame! so it bares the question is this just the start to the end, or just the beginning?How many will we lose this year aloan. let aloan how many will be here in 5 years?
Sadley it is just the start.

No one wants to be the first to go. It seems there are several just hanging on by a string.

I am beginning to see some improvement in my business and also hearing a few positive reports on the economy. I sure hope we have seen the worst and things are soon to improve.

I have three family members that have lost their jobs in the last six months and know many others having very dificult times. When you destroy consumer confidence people are afraid to buy and add credit problems and many will not survive this down turn.

As always the markets corrects and the strong survive.

I'm sorry to hear these two companies are gone and I hope the rest survive.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered

Just drove through a town that is mainly a summer retreat for the Illinois people. There were 3 small marine dealers in this town, as there are several lakes in the area. All 3 are gone.

I am sure when these people come back in May to open up houses and get ready for the summer, they are going to wonder where they can get the service done.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I guess I am seeing the opportunity... If all the people are going under, it is time to take the best people and aspects of each business, bring them together and build the "best of the best". It doesn't matter what business it is, opportunities are everywhere...

Sometimes a "cleansing" makes everything that much stronger when it rebounds.

As soon as people start looking at the positives, see the opportunities, take the risk of moving forward and stop listening to all the "poor me" BS that is all around them, we will start to rebound and never look back...

That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!

Tony Robbins, try and keep up with my attitude!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Well said!!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you keep your head down and just keep working and developing business and generating your own revenue, you will never even realize we are in a recesion.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaholic
I guess I am seeing the opportunity... If all the people are going under, it is time to take the best people and aspects of each business, bring them together and build the "best of the best". It doesn't matter what business it is, opportunities are everywhere...

As soon as people start looking at the positives, see the opportunities, take the risk of moving forward and stop listening to all the "poor me" BS that is all around them, we will start to rebound and never look back...

Best post Ive read in a long time!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bajaholic

yep well said.. I've always said if you are good at what you do and provide a needed service you will make it thru.
I'm in aviation electronics, many shops are slow, we are staying steady and holding our own thank god.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We started XT-Innovations mainly to help Baja customers and dealers with interiors, or ANYTHING they cannot find elsewhere. We have even done few jobs directly for Sea Ray on 2008 models that still are under warranty. Right now we are completely redoing the cockpit interior of a 35 Fountain. You just have to be ready to take any job offered, and do your best to impress the owner. (I will post before/after photos of this project soon)

XT
Old 04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
We started XT-Innovations mainly to help Baja customers and dealers with interiors, or ANYTHING they cannot find elsewhere. We have even done few jobs directly for Sea Ray on 2008 models that still are under warranty. Right now we are completely redoing the cockpit interior of a 35 Fountain. You just have to be ready to take any job offered, and do your best to impress the owner. (I will post before/after photos of this project soon)

XT
Looking forward to bringing my boat down to you guys here as soon as this weather breaks...Even though its a small job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.