24 Outlaw/240 Sport raised x-dim >

24 Outlaw/240 Sport raised x-dim

Notices

24 Outlaw/240 Sport raised x-dim

Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 Outlaw/240 Sport raised x-dim

Anybody ever raise their X-dim in a 24 Outlaw/240 Sport hull? I finally measured mine the other day and I'm at 15". If I go up 2", that puts me at 17", the max recommended according to Merc install guides. I was thinking about going up 3" (18" x-dim), but is it possible to space down a stock Bravo drive if its too high? Getting ready to put in new engine stringers so trying to make my mind up for sure.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member

I had a 24 Outlaw and I wanted to go with a shortie but never did.

I did run into a guy on my home lake, and he had an old 240 Sport and I think he had a 2" shortie on it and he picked up 3-4 mph on top.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
I had a 24 Outlaw and I wanted to go with a shortie but never did.

I did run into a guy on my home lake, and he had an old 240 Sport and I think he had a 2" shortie on it and he picked up 3-4 mph on top.
if you look at [pics of my boat ]on here theres info on the 2''shortie, I just sold a brand new one polished cause I am going to a konrad drive. I picked up 8mph with a 2'' shortie and going from a 850bg to a nickerson 1050 carb. motor was a 650hp 509. my boat flew more level over big water and you need a 4 or 5 blade. you can also go to a extention box with the 3'' built in rise from imco which is better the n add a 1'' shortie to that later for the best set up theres two boats with that set up and love it. ones over sea in a 25ol the other here is a 24ol. but you need hyd steering for a box and you should have it anyway full not add on. you will get chine walk over 76mph without full in any set up stock or mod. and then you have to learn how to drive with it. I did my goal is 110mph with my new motor drive set up.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Anybody ever raise their X-dim in a 24 Outlaw/240 Sport hull? I finally measured mine the other day and I'm at 15". If I go up 2", that puts me at 17", the max recommended according to Merc install guides. I was thinking about going up 3" (18" x-dim), but is it possible to space down a stock Bravo drive if its too high? Getting ready to put in new engine stringers so trying to make my mind up for sure.
there are spacers you can buy if you need to go lower, it seems if your 24 or 25 is stock height with a box you can go up 4'' with out a box like mine I went 2'', so you are talking about 3'' you could try it and always add 1/2'' spacers if you need them also I changed my k planes to 380s instead of 280s, and I always use my k planes to get on plane it takes stress off the drive when you use them, I lovem keeps me level in the snot.