#30 & 90 MPH Club >

#30 & 90 MPH Club

Notices

#30 & 90 MPH Club

Old 06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve

Have you had the bottom of your 272 blueprinted?? I'm sure that would make a big difference in the handling and maybe get you to 100 at 1057 hp.

Smitty
Old 06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by articfriends
Glad to see you used the motors instead of selling them. I hope Dick get's his boat back together this decade other wise he'll end up like all the other guys whose boat's haven't ran in years,every year their memory add's on another 5 mph of top speed. Blowers,we didn't need no stinkin blowers back when my boat USED to run. I ran waaaay past hundred mph on 87 octane,at part throttle,only hitting on 5 cylinders, in the rain,going up-stream!!
As far as triple digits and my boat,when it ran 60's,then 70's,then in the 80's,then low 90's I always wanted to go faster. It will run in very high 90's now with my medium boost pulley (the 1057 hp one) and I have never tried the small one that made 1115 hp but after getting boat past 95 mph a couple of times and having it get so damn loose feeling then hook the bow hard when slowing down and bow steer out of control I lost all ambition to try to break the triple digits. I have tried alot of things,stellings box,Imco 2" shorty and they all made it go slower and handle worse. My biggest problem is with this much power and a bravo style drive I cant use any 5 blade props because as soon as I lower my slip it breaks something (like a billet prop shaft or vertical shaft) almost instantly so I'm going to work on some kind of rear ballast system and my center of gravity to get my handling back where I want it and just enjoy the boat up to the mid nineties,Smitty
Put more beer in the cooler and set it on the back seat. Or throw a couple of chunky women in there!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

congrats Doc you have a nice boat, we should have Arts boat AIRTIME in the water next month hope he doesn't by it trying for a 100.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
It is really a good feeling and you will love this. The wife thinks now we may be running too fast! LOL
Never in a million years thought Id hear her saying that!

Doc, did you happen to leave a funny message at the carlot this past week? If it wasnt you, Im clueless!
Old 06-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Steve

Have you had the bottom of your 272 blueprinted?? I'm sure that would make a big difference in the handling and maybe get you to 100 at 1057 hp.

Smitty
that sounds like a good idea, the 24 and 25 ols like both 3'' raised box or 2'' shorties, but both have pads too. hey Doc thats cool how far into the 90s did you hit, and gerry see you monday we need to get the 46 out this week for a shake down run cause the 4th will come up quick for block island.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 06-14-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Never in a million years thought Id hear her saying that!

Doc, did you happen to leave a funny message at the carlot this past week? If it wasnt you, Im clueless!
Yes I was a little surprised by that commit also. She rode in a cat a few years back in Key West at 135 MPH and actually enjoyed it. The problem was that she was sitting in the back seat on this last poker run and could only see out the sides. It was a blurr she was not use to.

Let's see I probably should take credit for a good phone message since I have left you one or two but sorry we were out on the motorcycle all weekend and it was NOT me.

Clueless
Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hey Doc thats cool how far into the 90s did you hit, .

Not far

The needle on the GPS speedo just touched it and I did not have the GPS chartplotter setup for a digital reading.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
congrats Doc you have a nice boat, we should have Arts boat AIRTIME in the water next month hope he doesn't by it trying for a 100.
Thanks KR

Make sure Art is off his meds!

Be safe and I hope his boat does great. He has sure waited long enough.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 06-15-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

hey Doc its been what 3 seasons starting now that the boats been out of the water, mostly cause of the stolen parts and last year comp started to pay me, so I said to my wife I would not work or go out until I was off comp and near off the pills. pain is still there but I am getting off comp in two weeks and then between Biggest, Gerry, and Jon we should have the boat in the water 3 to 4 weeks. I figure the knee will take a year or more to get better I go to the gym a lot to build it up. Dean should have the motor ready for dyno sooooon, already have some 4 and 5 blade props for the konrad. when I raced the boat before I didn't do any pain meds until after the race thats when my back was f%%k up.or if I went out for a ride and I never drank while driving a boat. but we need some good weather to get gerrys boat out for a test run since he had the motors out this past winter. keep us posted on your speeds glad you broke 90.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 06-15-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hey Doc its been what 3 seasons starting now that the boats been out of the water, mostly cause of the stolen parts and last year comp started to pay me, so I said to my wife I would not work or go out until I was off comp and near off the pills. pain is still there but I am getting off comp in two weeks and then between Biggest, Gerry, and Jon we should have the boat in the water 3 to 4 weeks. I figure the knee will take a year or more to get better I go to the gym a lot to build it up. Dean should have the motor ready for dyno sooooon, already have some 4 and 5 blade props for the konrad. when I raced the boat before I didn't do any pain meds until after the race thats when my back was f%%k up.or if I went out for a ride and I never drank while driving a boat. but we need some good weather to get gerrys boat out for a test run since he had the motors out this past winter. keep us posted on your speeds glad you broke 90.
Artie I wish you the best of luck brother with both your boat and the knee. You have sure been through it and deserve some good luck. Those are really good friends you have helping you out.

Stay safe and have some fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.