Notices

#30 & 90 MPH Club

Old 06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default #30 & 90 MPH Club

#30 in the history books

Well I set a goal many years back now to hit 30 poker runs in the same boat and I finally did it in Jacksonville this last Saturday. It took a little longer than planned with us not running last year but now I feel the need to increase the goal to 50.

The run was awesome and the rain was very refreshing! Nothing like running back 30 miles in pouring rain with six other boats at 70 MPH.

A special thanks to our good friends Jeff & Sonya "Team SteelOutlawed" for joining us on the event. I also Chris Driver my Salisbury store manager who came down with us and did a fantastic job of handling all the bow lines over the weekend.

The boat ran GREAT and I'm happy to report that even though we got off to a slow start in the back of the group that we did a lot more passing then being passed and we had a great time running with Vu in the 38 Donzi.

"See Vu Play"
38 Donzi w/ 525's

Vu is a great guy and he came up past me while we were cruising at 75 MPH. I pushed the trottles up even with him and he pushed his us some more. After the 2nd or 3rd round of that I saw that he had all there was and we opened her up. He came in right behind me to the Crab Shack and rafted off of us and the first words out of his mouth were "What does that Baja have in it?"

I laughed and we talked a while and he said he had never been passed by a Baja before!

Vu you are a super nice guy and I look forward to passing you again in the future my friend! Happy Boating

The Whipple Charged motors idles and ran like a swiss watch and I'm proud to announce that on Sunday we hit the river again with five people, 1/2 tank of fuel and flat water and we are now officially in the 90 MPH club based on the Livorsi GPS speedo.

I need to update the website now.

"Go Baja"

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 06-09-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doc,

We were in the 42 Fountain that was running to the right of you in the rain. What a ride! It felt like I lost another inch on my receding hair line with the rain pelting. This was our first year for this run and we had a great time! I tried to find you Saturday night but there was so much going on...
We will definitely be back next year!

Keith
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Sounds like a great time Dock. Glad Vu represented Baton Rouge well. Don't know him well but he seems like a great guy.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by kr1276
Hey Doc,

We were in the 42 Fountain that was running to the right of you in the rain. What a ride! It felt like I lost another inch on my receding hair line with the rain pelting. This was our first year for this run and we had a great time! I tried to find you Saturday night but there was so much going on...
We will definitely be back next year!

Keith
I really hate I did not get to finally meet you in person. I know we just missed each other in Miami year before last. Glad to hear that you had a good time and made the best of the weather.

I've been in several 42 Fountains and those windshields work pretty well. I wish we had one for that run!

We'll see you down there next year God willing.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jmeng
Sounds like a great time Dock.
It's always a good time in Jacksonville. Over the years we have taken seven other couples down and most of them have come back with their own boats the following year.

Glad Vu represented Baton Rouge well.
He did a great job and is a class act. He is funny and has a couple of nice boats. He told me about the 35 Donzi also.

Don't know him well but he seems like a great guy.
Yes he is a very nice guy. I really enjoyed visiting with him.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We had a great time as always. Can't wait to go back again.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dock,

That boat is good for 60 poker runs minimum! I think after you hit the 50 mark you will increase it anyway, just do it now?

Did the Latham filter fix the steering issue? Sounds like the boat is doing great.

XT
Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
That boat is good for 60 poker runs minimum! I think after you hit the 50 mark you will increase it anyway, just do it now?
Okay I will hold you to it. I just hope my gasoline money holds up!

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Did the Latham filter fix the steering issue? Sounds like the boat is doing great.
Nope
Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool stories !!

My motors are on the way to Mark, and hopefully he can work his magic on mine and I can join you guys in the 90 mph club.

I am confident that he will get as much power as possible out of them and I will be able to enjoy my boat this year.

Last year was a joke and cost me alot of money.

I'll keep you posted.

Smitty
Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 606 Likes on 279 Posts

Congrats Doc glad all the work was worth it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.