Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P.S.

Brian the boat looks awesome!

Enjoy
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prop repair... I am sure all you need is a hammer and grinder hang a sign up and your in business. Sinc gauge was dead on all thru the rpm range and no vibration that is much better than the local prop shops do.

Thanks Dock, I have been following your progress with yours and must say I am a bit jealous but for the first time in years I have a smile on my face again as I was the first boat at the first stop. When everybody arrived the looked at me and said "A Baja what the hell you got in thing". At the run I had stock 28's on it and it would only run just over 80 at 4300 rpm. On the start I was in the back and past the field like the were standing still with only the Fountain P-33 coming up on me as we turned into the first stop.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by brian41
"A Baja what the hell you got in thing".
That is exactly what I heard in Jacksonville.

It was worth the price of admission!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Brian,

Very happy to see you have her finished and she is working well. I did not know you were a prop repair guy!

When it comes to shorties it is all about horsepower. With a stock setup you will not be happy. Add a few 100 HP and it is a different ball game.

Doc

Shorties alone will do nothing but hurt? What if it was in combination with an extension box with stock power?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Shorties alone will do nothing but hurt?
I can only speak about my experience. When I added the IMCO shortie lowers the boat was a bear to get on plane. It took three times longer and was very hard on the outdrives. You had to give it a lot more throttle.

On plane I could tell the drives were not carrying the bow as before. I actually lost top end speed even trying five blade props.

My 36 is an 02 model and Baja had raised the "X" on the 02's and newer. If I had an older model the 1 inch shorties probably would have been just right to bring the "X" up to the newer models.

What if it was in combination with an extension box with stock power?
It will work just find because with the extension boxes you are dropping the drives / props back down deeper. My guess is with a neutral extension box and a two inch shortie your props are back at the same depth as stock (or real close). You really don't gain much expect leverage and cleaner water for the props.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I can only speak about my experience. When I added the IMCO shortie lowers the boat was a bear to get on plane. It took three times longer and was very hard on the outdrives. You had to give it a lot more throttle.

On plane I could tell the drives were not carrying the bow as before. I actually lost top end speed even trying five blade props.

My 36 is an 02 model and Baja had raised the "X" on the 02's and newer. If I had an older model the 1 inch shorties probably would have been just right to bring the "X" up to the newer models.

It will work just find because with the extension boxes you are dropping the drives / props back down deeper. My guess is with a neutral extension box and a two inch shortie your props are back at the same depth as stock (or real close). You really don't gain much expect leverage and cleaner water for the props.
Not really looking for any speed gains just better handeling in the rough stuff. I have not measured the "X" dim yet but hoping for something in the 6" range or higher but it still is stock.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Not really looking for any speed gains just better handeling in the rough stuff. I have not measured the "X" dim yet but hoping for something in the 6" range or higher but it still is stock.
Wayne I think with the stock power you'll need a box to achieve what your looking to do. Scott's loved the IMCO Extreme Upper with -2 shorty on it, but he's pushing 700+HP
Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I went on the BS site know as TBM today just to take a peak at what kind of crap the site had to offer and sure as zhit it was not hard to find.

Flake telling all his followers what an internet god he is with a worship me thread.

Of coarse a new bash the Ebay guy "whats his name" thread full of stupid misinformation.

Hey Wayne (Baja-man) why dont you tell them about your recent purchase from me ? Hope you got what you order in a fair amount of time and in good condition at a good price.

What really makes me mad is I get calls and messages everyday looking for parts I do not have and send them to TBM for supplier information. I do tell them the owner of the site is an idiot and they do not have to join to get the info but why boost the jerks ego with more people coming to his site so he can show his followers more numbers.

IT I also see that you are going to the poker run next weekend. I will be there and hope to finally meet you as we have had an interesting past couple of years. Please do not take that as any kind of threat. I will be there to make friends not trouble and show some people what an old Baja can do when you screw some HP in them.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Well I went on the BS site know as TBM today just to take a peak at what kind of crap the site had to offer and sure as zhit it was not hard to find.

Flake telling all his followers what an internet god he is with a worship me thread.

Of coarse a new bash the Ebay guy "whats his name" thread full of stupid misinformation.

Hey Wayne (Baja-man) why dont you tell them about your recent purchase from me ? Hope you got what you order in a fair amount of time and in good condition at a good price.

What really makes me mad is I get calls and messages everyday looking for parts I do not have and send them to TBM for supplier information. I do tell them the owner of the site is an idiot and they do not have to join to get the info but why boost the jerks ego with more people coming to his site so he can show his followers more numbers.

IT I also see that you are going to the poker run next weekend. I will be there and hope to finally meet you as we have had an interesting past couple of years. Please do not take that as any kind of threat. I will be there to make friends not trouble and show some people what an old Baja can do when you screw some HP in them.

If they ask I will. But I wouldn't pay $800 for a 25 OL cover though, but thats just me. There are some good things but some over priced things.

Last edited by Baja_man; 06-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Which poker run you referring too Brian? I'm going to the Boyne Poker Run and the LSCR, but thats not a Poker Run it's a fun run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.