Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
WTF is there so much hook in bottom for? >

WTF is there so much hook in bottom for?

Notices

WTF is there so much hook in bottom for?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
If you have hook all the way from the bottom of the v to the outer strake you got a different problem. It shouldn't be there. Only the outermost part of the v right inside of the flat part.
I found that when my 29 was in stock form I had to run the tabs a bit negative & the drives neutral to keep it leveled out.
Well took it out again and it still likes to FLY...Won't ride level...I've got the boxes now so after riding in INDY's boat this past weekend and driving it with the boxes,shorties and 380's this is the way I'm going along with taking the hook out of the bottom and sharpening all the strakes and transom...Damn boat just needs some fine tuning..

Last edited by Irishtornado; 07-01-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irishtornado
Well took it out again and it still likes to FLY...Won't ride level...I've got the boxes now so after riding in INDY's boat this past weekend and driving it the boxes,shorties and 380's are the way I'm going along with taking the hook out of the bottom and sharpening all the strakes and transom...Damn boat just needs some fine tuning..

How was Indy's boat?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
How was Indy's boat?
Rode like a Cadillac and handled awesome...

Steve's 25OL hung right with us at 70mph on GPS all the way across the lake from Jack's back to the marina...He has alot of seat time running that boat, but was impressive to see a 25OL hanging with 33's and 29's in rough stuff...
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Rode like a Cadillac and handled awesome...

Steve's 25OL hung right with us at 70mph on GPS all the way across the lake from Jack's back to the marina...He has alot of seat time running that boat, but was impressive to see a 25OL hanging with 33's and 29's in rough stuff...
What did Steve do as far as upgrades? I think you said he was close to 700HP, ext box and shorties? Was it as rough as when you and I were out?

Last edited by Baja_man; 07-01-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

What did Steve do as far as upgrades? I think you said he was close to 700HP, ext box and shorties? Was it as rough as when you and I were out?
He's running a "STOCK" 496HO with 400+hrs on it with CMI's and a Stellings box..Otherwise it's no different than yours...

No wasn't as rough as when we where out, but when your trying to stay with boats that run into the high 70's in wash it's impressive to watch him roll by you when your running high 60's. It was 1-2 ftrs..
Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

So wneh do the boxes go on? Did you find a set of shorties too?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
So wneh do the boxes go on? Did you find a set of shorties too?
No shorties I can afford...I'll look for those this winter..I'm not putting the boxes on until after Cumberland which for me will be my last outting for the season..
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

No shorties I can afford...I'll look for those this winter..I'm not putting the boxes on until after Cumberland which for me will be my last outting for the season..

No quick runs to Higgins Lake this season?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

No quick runs to Higgins Lake this season?
I might make it up there. Depends on what else I got going on this summer...Work sorta takes priority over boating. I'm going to do the RAFT OFF in Muscamoot Bay and Cumberland for sure. Anything else is a bonus.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

I might make it up there. Depends on what else I got going on this summer...Work sorta takes priority over boating. I'm going to do the RAFT OFF in Muscamoot Bay and Cumberland for sure. Anything else is a bonus.
Dr Pete mentioned the raft off on the 8th....depending on work I should be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.