aftermarket swim ladder >

aftermarket swim ladder

Notices

aftermarket swim ladder

Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 29KILROY
The spacing for the Tubes matched up perfectly to the ladder holes so all I did was pull the black rubber piece out (easy to take out and put back in) drilled thru. the tube for 3/8" holes then counter drilled the top of the holes for socket head cap screws. Then used nylon lock nuts on the bottom side and put the black strips in. Done
This is good information! I had never had the chance to compare the newer ladder on the older platform, and thought that it could not be done. The biggest problem with the 89' 99' platforms were the welds that did not seal deep in the non-skid channels, and water freezing in the lowest part if the side support legs, causing it to burst over winter. The rubber inserts also tended to srink allot in the sun. Did you add any drain holes in the lowest part of the legs, or keep you boat in heated storage?

XT
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks XT mine was an 2000' if it helps. Mine had holes in thelegs when I bought it from the original owner. My rubber inserts also shrunk........
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

Kilroy,

I ordered the ladder you suggested. I should have it in the next few days. I plan on installing it sometime next week. Thanks again for the info. I will let you know how it turned out.

Walt
Old 07-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered

No problem and glad I could help! If you need any info. or have any ?'s shoot me a pm or e-mail and I can give you a call.

Mark
Old 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Kilroy,

Just letting you know that I installed the swim ladder last evening. Looks great. Can't wait until I use it this weekend. Thanks again for your input and everyone elses. Much appreciated guys.

Walt
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Registered

Great!!! That's what is good about this site....
Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

here is the picture of the swim platform
Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

missed the picture

the pictures are not loading up. I will try it again
Attached Thumbnails aftermarket swim ladder-picturs-5-006001.jpg   aftermarket swim ladder-picturs-5-007001.jpg  

Last edited by empire0007; 07-20-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: uploading picture
Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Mike. The swim step looks great! From the photos it looks like you're on the water. Did you get the boat done?

I haven't got the new step on mine yet. I have to drill new holes and plug old ones so I may wait until this winter to do it. I want to go external steering too so may do it at the same time.

Going to be in Dana Point this weekend and run to Long Beach for lunch on Saturday if you're interested in meeting up.

-Al
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Hello there, finally got the boat going. It runs strong and looks good. I was going to hook up with you, but the family wanted to go a long with another family, so we ended up at the lake. Next two weekends i will overseas, but once i get back, i will get a hold of you and get together for Catalina run, if interested.

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Hey Mike. The swim step looks great! From the photos it looks like you're on the water. Did you get the boat done?

I haven't got the new step on mine yet. I have to drill new holes and plug old ones so I may wait until this winter to do it. I want to go external steering too so may do it at the same time.

Going to be in Dana Point this weekend and run to Long Beach for lunch on Saturday if you're interested in meeting up.

-Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.