Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Spot
Did you talk to Dan?
Yeah.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

I have had a little trouble getting call backs from them when e-mailing. But every time i've talked to him he seems pretty honest. Have never been able to deal with them but from the people i know that have say they stand behind what they sell. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered

Default Engine Info

Here is the info on the engine from the dealer.

"This engine is a built 509 with a blower which is only using 5 lbs of boost. It has a 52-57 pulley. This engine and outdrive only has 25-35 hours on them since being gone through. The outdrive has been upgraded with Imco parts inside. The motor was rebuilt in the 2007 season and the blower was added in the 2008 season. The engine has a 731 Hydra Crane cam, Crane roller rockers, new JA 4.40 pistons,new bearings and rings. The engine has a 4" stroke, new hydra rollers & pushrods, the heads have been completely redone, and the engine has a 9.5 compression ratio. This engine is pushing between 6-650 HP."
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

didnt see eng. info to many vairables but done right blower motors can be alot of fun Need eng. info to help
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

hp sounds modest with 5lbs I would ask for comp. test and tell them to check blower veins they got to pull carbs to do so make sure they did fuel pickups right no check valves
Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

Went and saw this boat today. Nice boat, just can't sell the wife on it. Where they put the blower on they had to move the rear seat up about a 1' (maybe a little less) b/c of the pulleys. Makes the cockpit feel very cramped. Sitting in the back seats your legs are right on the bolsters. Engine sounded good, but needed a new fuel pump. Anyone looking for a lot of power in a small package, here it is.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

I have a 1993 with 300 hours on it. It had rotten stringers and it is a trailer queen. Also the cleats leak in the front and fill the ski locker compartment with water and it cant drain.

With that said. I have a 500hp now in it and it went 74 without tabs or hydraulic steering. I am not going to to touch that again until i have the upgrades. it is a tank at 60. 74 it does not chine walk it chine hops.

Seems like a lot of power for a 24 OL. Would be difficult to hang on to. But i do like the plain white wrapper. Looks like a sleeper.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gettin wet
Went and saw this boat today. Nice boat, just can't sell the wife on it. Where they put the blower on they had to move the rear seat up about a 1' (maybe a little less) b/c of the pulleys. Makes the cockpit feel very cramped. Sitting in the back seats your legs are right on the bolsters. Engine sounded good, but needed a new fuel pump. Anyone looking for a lot of power in a small package, here it is.
Overall it looks like a pretty nice boat. Doesn't look like the backseat was moved up that far but its hard to tell from the pics. I'd like to see how close the crankshaft pulley is to the bulkhead, there can't be much room in there. IMO this is a good boat for a big inch NA motor. You could even doghouse the backseat around the motor for more interior room. Moving the seat forward for less room was just retarded, may as well just get rid of the backseat all together.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Overall it looks like a pretty nice boat. Doesn't look like the backseat was moved up that far but its hard to tell from the pics. I'd like to see how close the crankshaft pulley is to the bulkhead, there can't be much room in there. IMO this is a good boat for a big inch NA motor. You could even doghouse the backseat around the motor for more interior room. Moving the seat forward for less room was just retarded, may as well just get rid of the backseat all together.
The pics are misleading b/c that's what I thought before checking it out. I'm about 6' and my knees were on the back of the bolsters. Plus where the seat wraps around on the ends for cup holders, you lose probably what could be another seat. With a smaller beam and crammed cockpit, they shouldn't have wrapped the back like that. All the $ on this boat is in the motor & drive. Hull was in good shape, everything was solid, no rot. The trailer was a little rough looking. It had some rust and would probably need sandblasting and new paint - Eagle trailer though. When you say doghouse, do you mean framing an engine hatch deal with 2 seats on the side like you see on runabouts?

If the boat wasn't so cramped, it would be in my driveway now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.