Baja Fun Run, LOTO 7/17-7/19 >

Baja Fun Run, LOTO 7/17-7/19

Notices

Baja Fun Run, LOTO 7/17-7/19

Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Baja Fun Run, LOTO 7/17-7/19

Come one, come all!!! Ckmansell for the 6th year has put together a Fun Run, we are inviting ALL Baja owners to participate.
There is no cost, just a fun weekend for all Baja owners to get together and have a great time, seeing old friends, making new friends!

Here is the plan:

Ok. I am all ears for Thursday evening. In fact we may want to do a couple separate gatherings so no one has to travel very far or stay up too late. We do kind of have a long day planned for Friday.

As for me personally, I plan to do a late supper at the lake. (7pm to 8pmish) I would be up for taking my boat to Bear Bottom or Capt. Ron's. Or I can travel by land to a water location for a late supper at Franky & Louies, Coconuts, Ozark BBQ, Paradise, etc...anything on the KC side.

Or if anybody doesn't care about being on the water I am also up for Osage River or my favorite, The Cantina. You guys let me know what your doing and I will pick something. If I hear nothing I will make a game time decision when I arrive down there. Most likely the Cantina or Bear Bottom.

For Friday we go to Miller's Landing (28MM) @ 0930, (earlier or later if you wish) but officially we do 0930. Plan to get breakfast, drink and socialize. When everybody gets all finished up, we will leave as a group to Ha Ha Tonka for the day. I kind of figure it will be about 11-1130ish before we get out of there. We will go raft off and enjoy the day. I have nothing planned for Friday night, so we can stay as late as we wish or leave early to get rested up for Saturday. You make the call.

Of course I will now be enjoying the festivities from my boat. No water for me, I cut my leg wide open yesterday and have a four inch gash full of stitches. Perfect timing.

Then on Saturday, we will all meet at Party Cove (19MM) around 11ish for a PC raft off. Stay as late as you wish, but I will be leaving around 4-5 to go get showered up for the night life.

We will try to get that started about 6:30 pm at Captains Galley (31MM). So Scott VanGorden the general manager has us all set up. The Galley is looking forward to having the TBM crew on hand!!! Extra staff will be on board for food orders. (order anything off the menu) And they will have both the inside and outside bar areas open and available for our crew, so we should be covered rain or shine. There will also be a live band. It is called Hot Bottom Hunter, they area classic rock band, playing covers from the 70's etc...

They have all new docks (42 slips) and a sea wall since last year. For those of you who have not been there in a while, they have done a semi-remodel and is very nice. If you have never been there, you need to order one of their famous frozen drinks, either a Rum Runner or Thunder Colada (old BTM special) and get either with a 151 floater. Strawberry Banana Daquari's are pretty damn good too.

Stay as late or leave as early as you wish.

The Sunday, lets do Sunday Brunch at The Jolly Roger (4MM of the Gravois). I am shooting for 1030ish depending upon how dehydrated the crew is from Sat night. LOL

This is easy to get to by water but is way down the lake. But if that is too far to boat on Sunday it is also very easy to get to by land no matter what side your on. (I plan to drive over myself)

So, to quote Ton Loc from the 80's.... LET'S DO IT....

PS Not for sure yet, but it is rumored that Lake TV32 may do a spot on our group this weekend as well. Lets see how it goes.

PS PS I have a lot of people to thank for helping me pull this off, so look for that in another post.

PLEASE JOIN US!