http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
Old 08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It needs a new home. Make me an offer!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Jason, your boat is everything I'd like mine to be someday.

I'd like to bump up my motors (although 500HP would be enough for me), external steering, upgrade the sound system, I've got a new aluminum swim step now, new steering wheel, etc. I figure I'll end up dumping $15K to $20K into her to get there.

All my big boat buddies tell me to leave her alone and save my money for a bigger boat. I boat mostly in the Pacific and would love to move up to a Top Gun or maybe a 36 Outlaw.

So my question to you is: If you had to do it over, would you? Or would you have saved the $ and put it towards getting a bigger boat?

Oh, and do you want to trade for a stock 29 OL?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Jason, your boat is everything I'd like mine to be someday.

I'd like to bump up my motors (although 500HP would be enough for me), external steering, upgrade the sound system, I've got a new aluminum swim step now, new steering wheel, etc. I figure I'll end up dumping $15K to $20K into her to get there.

All my big boat buddies tell me to leave her alone and save my money for a bigger boat. I boat mostly in the Pacific and would love to move up to a Top Gun or maybe a 36 Outlaw.

So my question to you is: If you had to do it over, would you? Or would you have saved the $ and put it towards getting a bigger boat?

Oh, and do you want to trade for a stock 29 OL?
It was a fun project to do. So, I guess I would do it again. Is it worth the money? No way in hell. It is an ego stroke. I wanted to go faster, I issued myself the challenge & I made my mark on the wall.
It is not worth it at all. My boat is not worth any more with that stuff on it than it would be if it were stock.
I am probably going to return it to near stock condition over the winter & put my drives & blowers on the shelf to look at until the next boat comes my way.
If someone would offer me $75k for the boat today I'd have it delivered by Saturday of this week. In all reality, the boat is worth $50-$55k in "stock" form. Is someone willing to pay a premium to have a "done" boat? Probably not. I wish there was someone, but I doubt it.
Save your money. Speed Changes you.......and leaves you with spare change.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem is financing right now. I just bought a 1999 29 and most bigger banks right now if they will even loan for a boat that old will loan 90% of NADA. of course they don't include the trailer or any extras. For example, on the '99 I just bought the most U.S. Bank would loan is $26K. Now you think they're gonna let me strip off all the stuff that makes the boat book at $40K if they were to REPO it? I doubt it!

Granted I did not shop around too much. I've had three boat loans with them in the past and they gave me a good rate.

I hear credit unions are better for loaning more. Regardless, the days of financing toys and 2nd homes 100% are done!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
It was a fun project to do. So, I guess I would do it again. Is it worth the money? No way in hell. It is an ego stroke. I wanted to go faster, I issued myself the challenge & I made my mark on the wall.
It is not worth it at all. My boat is not worth any more with that stuff on it than it would be if it were stock.
I am probably going to return it to near stock condition over the winter & put my drives & blowers on the shelf to look at until the next boat comes my way.
If someone would offer me $75k for the boat today I'd have it delivered by Saturday of this week. In all reality, the boat is worth $50-$55k in "stock" form. Is someone willing to pay a premium to have a "done" boat? Probably not. I wish there was someone, but I doubt it.
Save your money. Speed Changes you.......and leaves you with spare change.
I was afraid you were going to say that!

You could just trade me for my stock boat!