'95 Baja Splash ... Other owners?

Notices

'95 Baja Splash ... Other owners?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool '95 Baja Splash ... Other owners?

Hi,

I just bought a sweet little ride, but I have a few questions and I was hoping to get some insight from this board. I found a mint 95 Baja Splash. It had one owner who upgraded the motor to a Mercury Sport Jet 175 hp motor in '99. I paid $5000 for it. It's my understanding that price is fair because the motor is a definate upgrade. Any thoughts?

Questions:
1. Do I need a ski pilon for skiing and tubing? Or, is it okay to just use the hook on the back of the boat?

2. Is it an okay boat to ski with? Any tips?

3. Can I put a sun pad on the back or front? Are they strong enough to hold it?

4. Can you put 5 people in that little boat? Seems cramped.

5. If you own the boat, do you like it?

I'm having buyers remorse. 1st boat I've owned. I have jet skis. Feeling like I should have gotten a bigger one, but was attracted to price, size, condition, motor...

Thanks!!

Baja in MN
Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaLady
Hi,

I just bought a sweet little ride, but I have a few questions and I was hoping to get some insight from this board. I found a mint 95 Baja Splash. It had one owner who upgraded the motor to a Mercury Sport Jet 175 hp motor in '99. I paid $5000 for it. It's my understanding that price is fair because the motor is a definate upgrade. Any thoughts?

Questions:
1. Do I need a ski pilon for skiing and tubing? Or, is it okay to just use the hook on the back of the boat?

2. Is it an okay boat to ski with? Any tips?

3. Can I put a sun pad on the back or front? Are they strong enough to hold it?

4. Can you put 5 people in that little boat? Seems cramped.

5. If you own the boat, do you like it?

I'm having buyers remorse. 1st boat I've owned. I have jet skis. Feeling like I should have gotten a bigger one, but was attracted to price, size, condition, motor...

Thanks!!

Baja in MN
Sounds like a nice little ride.

You can definately ski,tube, wakeboard etc. off the hook on the back. I would think if it has the seating for 5 you should be able to put 5 in it. I've never owned one, but have riden in one and it's a nice little ride for what it is. Should be able to ski behind it just like any other boat you've ski'd behind in the past really not tips. I would've thought it should have a sunpad on the engine cover or at least it should. Where would you want to put a sunpad on the front?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by irishtornado
Sounds like a nice little ride.

You can definately ski,tube, wakeboard etc. off the hook on the back. I would think if it has the seating for 5 you should be able to put 5 in it. I've never owned one, but have riden in one and it's a nice little ride for what it is. Should be able to ski behind it just like any other boat you've ski'd behind in the past really not tips. I would've thought it should have a sunpad on the engine cover or at least it should. Where would you want to put a sunpad on the front?
Thanks for the quick response. I was getting mixed messages (after the purhcase) and it was fueling doubt. As far as skiing, tubing goes, glad I can just hook on and go. I hate to put a hole in it for a ski pylon if I don't need one. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I hope to get it today.

Sun pad? I've seen them on the engine cover on some of the boats I've seen online. I believe I'd like that. Any suggestions on where one buys those things? (Not sure if you can post that on this) And, is it strong enough to support someone sitting on it?

Thanks! I can tell I have boat fever and this may be my first boat, but not my last!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

This is the sunpad on a Baja Splash

Old 07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Congrats,

My first was a 14 foot regal jetboat powered by a 90, that thing should be a blast with the power upgrade, but you WILL get 2footitis soon and want to upgrade.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Congrats,

My first was a 14 foot regal jetboat powered by a 90, that thing should be a blast with the power upgrade, but you WILL get 2footitis soon and want to upgrade.
2footitis... funny! Thanks. And Tornado, thanks for the picture! When I get mine, I'll post a pic too. It's fun to see other boats.

There was a 50 cent piece size hole by the latch on the engine cover. The owner said he'd fix it for me. A tiny spot like that is costing $3000 so he turned it into insurance. The guy that's fixing it keeps saying he can't match the paint to make it perfect. Worth the wait, but tick tock...I'm in Minnesota. Winter is quickly approaching.

Thanks again...

Possible to recommend where to get a sun pad? I love that thing! Very cool. I googled and found one place.

If not, I understand.

Thx again!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered

I currently have a 94 Blast. It has the Sport Jet 90 in it, but was surprisingly faster than I expected. Not a rocket by any means, but runs fast enough to haul the cooler to the beach.

I have a bunch of the original flyers with the blast/splash in them. I'll get those scanned when I get a minute.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I currently have a 94 Blast. It has the Sport Jet 90 in it, but was surprisingly faster than I expected. Not a rocket by any means, but runs fast enough to haul the cooler to the beach.

I have a bunch of the original flyers with the blast/splash in them. I'll get those scanned when I get a minute.

Thanks TeamBaja. I'd love to see the flyers. I'm hopoing this little bugger is fast.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA

The 90 is great so long as you dont try pulling a tube with it, mine was crazy fast for its size when I was all by myself, load it down and its a turd. I made a custom snout for mine, and trimtabs to make it handle better.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaLady
Thanks TeamBaja. I'd love to see the flyers. I'm hopoing this little bugger is fast.
I'll have to dig a little deeper when I have more time. I found this one. Didnt scan so well........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.