Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Anyone with a 30 OL install Raylar BCK103 kits on your engines? >

Anyone with a 30 OL install Raylar BCK103 kits on your engines?

Notices

Anyone with a 30 OL install Raylar BCK103 kits on your engines?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Question, do you have quick and quiet or captains call as this make a big difference with some headers?
Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Hello Ray , quick and quiet or captains call can make difference ? in performance ?
Just to know , many thanks in advance
Christian
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
Jerry , I will get you a price on a twin package with headers for a Baja Outlaw. Question, do you have quick and quiet or captains call as this make a big difference with some headers? Let me know.

thanks,

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Thank you Ray, i have captains call.

[email protected]
Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I get headers too....maybe for Christmas???
Old 08-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Ray,

I would be interested in pricing the difference in purchasing the BCK103 kits (to install myself) vs having Raylar doing the complete 525 package on my three 496's. I already have the CMI exhaust so it should be quite a bit cheaper for me to do this vs. converting to 525's.

Keith
Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Keep you Captains Call shut at higher than idle RPMS, kiss you engine a slow goodbuy!

Christian:

Captains Call or silent choice or most switchable systems will not make any appreciable performance difference unless the boat is being operated with the switchable system closed above 1500rpms on 500HP and larger engines or the tailpipe routing is not staight back from the switchable valve. Some performance boaters operate their boats with the switchable systems closed at higher rpms and I can tell you all they are doing is ruining their engines with water from the exhaust system, even stock exhaust manifolds with Captains Call closed above 1500 rpms will many times allow the water to back up into the engine and do a lot of damage and rust internal engine parts and cylinders.
Some performance boaters mistake this water damage for reversion, which it is NOT!
Running a high performance engine at higher than 1500 rpms with the switchable exhaust closed for thru the prop routing is just a case of trying to push too much exhaust pressure and volume down thru a drive where the single y-pipe outlet is only about 2-1/2" in diameter. Remember that up at your exhaust tips your exhaust is between 3-1/2" to 4" diameter on each side and trying to shove that much exhaust thru a single small opening at a 90 degree change of direction is like trying to fill the gas tank on a car with a plastic straw. DON'T DO IT!!
Captains Call or switchable exhaust systems are designed for quiet IDLE operation, not running at speed on a high performance engine with a water cooled exhaust system!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Registered

Many Thanks Ray , for have taking time
Regards