Is "Baja by Fountain" Done Already? >

Is "Baja by Fountain" Done Already?

Notices

Is "Baja by Fountain" Done Already?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
How cheap will the existing, unsold Baja by Fountain boats get I wonder?
a new 35 would be nice with big power and low pricetag!!!! easy on the beckmates. atleast now you can get new baja's still. lol
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rumor has it that the Faja Stepped 40 OL will be built.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

I was working at Fountain until this past fall, and they had not built any Baja's since early spring. I have been told none have been started since. At this point i don't believe many were ever retail sold. They are beefy but costly in comparison to what they were at Baja in Bucyrus, they may also run quicker but have a super high X to get there as well. Not to knock Reggie, he can build a boat that runs fast and is strong, but making it inexpensive to the general public is not fountains strong point.

Chris Grueber
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution
I was working at Fountain until this past fall, and they had not built any Baja's since early spring. I have been told none have been started since. At this point i don't believe many were ever retail sold. They are beefy but costly in comparison to what they were at Baja in Bucyrus, they may also run quicker but have a super high X to get there as well. Not to knock Reggie, he can build a boat that runs fast and is strong, but making it inexpensive to the general public is not fountains strong point.

Chris Grueber
Chris,

I know Reggie did not build those Baja's by himself, so how many good people did he loose from the Bankruptcy other than Pete, and yourself?

Dave
Old 02-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

they are building baja's. I have a 2010 35 outlaw. I took delivery on it in December. This is my third baja and by far the nicest one yet.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Gunner, good for you on getting a boat. I am not saying that the new boat are not strong and fast just simply saying that before Baja in ohio was shut down we still had orders and many dealers. Since the change it is completely different. I left just as reggie was filing bankruptcy and i was on of the last few people who were laid off. I was actually building fountains for a month of so with several other engineers most of whom were salaried. Baja lost alot of good people during these times and so did fountain. Fountain has a good group of talented hourly people who put the heart and soul in to building these boats.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gunner
they are building baja's. I have a 2010 35 outlaw. I took delivery on it in December. This is my third baja and by far the nicest one yet.
Very nice, can you share some photos?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gunner
Did you order it to your specifications or was it a stock boat?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

I can't post pictures. yes I did order it. I have pictures of the hole build start to finnish if you pm me your email adress I will send you the pictures. the boat was ordered all white. it is getting painted at visual imaginations. https://www.visualimaginationinc.com/
Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Hey guys...I spoke to a rep at fountain recently and was told a horrifying piece of info. I inquired about the 302 boss and the 342 as I wanted a go fast with a windshield. He told me that fountain did not take/purchase those molds when the acquired baja...so yes my next question...where did there go? Most likely destroyed is what he advised me....ooof!!! What a shamefull waste if this is the case! A 342 with a pair of 525s/600s/700s would be such a cool boat...too bad...
In a word....BUMMER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.