Another one is going >

Another one is going

Notices

Another one is going

Old 09-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one is going

Just heard yesterday that Alton Blakely Watersports in Somerset is closing their doors next week. What a shame.

These guys were what every dealer should be. Helpful, considerate, and did their best to help every customer no matter what time of day or day of the week. They saved my tail more than once when I had problems on LC.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Man i really hate to here this AB really a great group to deal with.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really sad! I think more will fall before it's over.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

I think some of these dealers do not want to change with the times. If they want to sell these boats they need to start pricing them according to the economy. I know the individuals that are selling boats cheap are probably not real happy about it but at least they sell. I know a dealer cannot take a loss very often but they do have to move boats. I really hate this for AB because they are good guys.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Damn. I drive by there every weekend. They've had the same dozen boats out front for the last two years it seems. I've called both the donzi and baja 335 they had sitting out there my future boats for the last year and a half. Both of them have been gone for the last month. I had hoped they sold them and were managing to make a few sales in the current market. I guess not.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

I was told that Brody will stay there to sell off the remainig inventory, but the rest of it will be closed next week.
This came from an employee of AB.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

This seems strange because they just took on Checkmate not that long ago.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe I can get the hatch I called them about last week a little cheaper...but seriously Al Blakely is a great person that pumps alot of money back into Somerset...I hope his car dealerships are still doing well. And I do wish them all the best.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

I think some of these dealers do not want to change with the times. If they want to sell these boats they need to start pricing them according to the economy. I know the individuals that are selling boats cheap are probably not real happy about it but at least they sell. I know a dealer cannot take a loss very often but they do have to move boats.

IMO, this is not necessarily true. There are other factors other than price that have made life hard for most dealers. Lack if avilable customer financing, for example. Less service and repair $ because of the economy. A used boat market that has made it difficult for a dealer to cover the overhead, etc.