Ink on vinyl... >

Ink on vinyl...

Notices

Ink on vinyl...

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean it as good as you can with alcohol & (if still have light markings) then set in direct sunlight for a couple of days!!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Rubbing alcohol 99% is what we used at the plant.

XT
XT....Is this ok to use on the colored vinyl? (yellow) Thanks for all the input!!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

I would first try rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work, use paint thinner. It works great on white but I would color test in an inconspicous area first. Be sure and rinse thoroughly and apply a protectant when finished.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW
XT....Is this ok to use on the colored vinyl? (yellow) Thanks for all the input!!
Yes, it is fine to use on the yellow vinyl. Believe me I did more damage one time using acetone to remove some heel marks when wy wife had a little to many to drink. It removed the stain, but it also remove the stain gaurd and the spots I cleaned always held the dirt more, and was harder to clean. The Omnova vinyl that we switched to in 2008 had the best stain gaurd called "Prefixx" that we ever tested, but that was a short model year.

XT
Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

the sun will take care of it....3 weeks max! i had a huge gear oil stain from a boat above me when i was in rack storage.... they had a pro come out....no luck.....the marina got me a new sun pad, but 3 weeks later....like it was never there...trust me the sun will do magic