Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems... >

Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems...

Notices

Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Mine is doing the exact same thing. More than the seems coming apart is the warping and wavy looking.

Thought about having my re-done as well.
Is it as bad as this? I hope not, but we can fix just about anything on the interiors.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems...-dcp00938.jpg   Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems...-dcp00936.jpg   Engine Lid cover is coming apart at seems...-dcp00929.jpg  

Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Is it as bad as this? I hope not, but we can fix just about anything on the interiors.

XT
Ummmm, that's unacceptable!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator

XT

Are you guys doing that one? Maybe talk him into a cockpit cover to keep the snow out!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Are you guys doing that one? Maybe talk him into a cockpit cover to keep the snow out!
No, I found those photos on ebay one time, and could not believe how bad the boat was treated!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

No, mine is not as bad as the picture shown but I really do not want it to get that far either. The fabric is fine, no rips, just seems to be ripping at a few of the seems with the worst being approx 6 inches long. I really do not need new fabric just a re-stitch. Might as well have it all re-done at the same time. I took it to a local canvas shop just to get a ballpark and they gave me an estimate of $225 to $350. The boat is in getting winterized currently and am undecided on whether to have this done this fall or simply wait until spring.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

We had the vinyl sunpad on our old '05 275 completely restitched and it came out great. We also had the vinyl on the bench seat replaced (only the white part) and it matched the other seats within a month or so. You would be surprised how good a restitch (with better thread) will come out when done right. Paid around $300 local for the sunpad which included them coming out, taking apart the sunpad, and brining back the restitched vinyl and putting it back on.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered

I still not have fixed this and want it done over the winter.

XT, if I drop just the lid off over the winter what kind of turn around time are you looking at?

I am not sure if I want to shrink wrap the boat with or without the lid on.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I still not have fixed this and want it done over the winter.

XT, if I drop just the lid off over the winter what kind of turn around time are you looking at?

I am not sure if I want to shrink wrap the boat with or without the lid on.
I say pull the lid now, and put the rest of the boat in storage. You can bring the lid down anytime that way, and you should probably replace the wood that is around the edge of the fiberglass tray while everything is apart. If you need it quick, we can do that, or if you want work-in the drop off, and pick up times, we can do that also. Winter jobs always seem to go better when your not missing any boating weekends.

XT
Old 11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayne, we could meet up and you could give me the lid. I will be driving down to XT in the near future when my interior is done, and I could drop it off for you... Save you the drive..

Let me know!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
Wayne, we could meet up and you could give me the lid. I will be driving down to XT in the near future when my interior is done, and I could drop it off for you... Save you the drive..

Let me know!
That would work perfect!! When do you anticipate going down again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.