Originally Posted by obnoxus
Is it teal?

One of the colors is teal......pink and purple too

SST graphics
Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I gotta say that the only way an extension box works on a Baja is to raise the x dimension. There are 3 ways to do that. Listed in my preference.
1) +3" Imco box
2) Stellings box with -2" shorty.
3) Neutral Imco box with a -2" shorty lower or -3" drive package.
I would suspect the 25 that Doc drove had a stock length lower with a deep x dimension. That combination would indeed make the boat slow & enable it to carry the nose to excess.
Setup is the key. You need to know where you are at on the x dimension 1st.
Keep in mind that when considering a -3" IMCO extension box, that requires the motor to be raised 3" also.

If you truly need a full 3", then consider a neutral IMCO box, a 3" IMCO shortie and an IMCO upper (required when using a 3" IMCO shortie because of the cav plate). Look at the upside, you end up NOT re-rigging your motor mounts and have a much better upper drive section. It's only money.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis1009
Are you saying you gained 4 to 5 mph with just adding a 2" shortie? If so which one did you use? Thanks.
yes I gained a total of 8mph with a carb change to. but the imco is a faster lower the merc has a longer skeg which has slown boats down.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Anchorman
If you look at his speed he put in bigger power first.
nope same motor 509 picked up between 13 to 20 hp thats it with the custom carb but it ran better on top, so we figured 4 to 5 on shortie and 3 to 4 on carb change which might be high. this was multi runs over a few weeks. other power was 330 to 390,585,595,637,647, aprox 670ish in the end, but will get a few adjustments to get it over 700hp intake cam carb change, ne motor 572 blower but might be going in a saber 28 or sutphen 30. this spring.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I thing the 25 OL is!!
I think the 24ol if they built it my way like mine has been coming along
Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
yes I gained a total of 8mph with a carb change to.
I am going to add the Stellings Box and 2" shorty on the off season. I would love to pick up 4-5 MPH with the mods but am not so certain it will happen. I hope at the very least to go taller in prop size to net a few MPH but again, not to certain it will happen. All this is on a stock 496 HO that can do 63 MPH GPS all day with either a 24P Bravo 1 and a 23P M+.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I am going to add the Stellings Box and 2" shorty on the off season. I would love to pick up 4-5 MPH with the mods but am not so certain it will happen. I hope at the very least to go taller in prop size to net a few MPH but again, not to certain it will happen. All this is on a stock 496 HO that can do 63 MPH GPS all day with either a 24P Bravo 1 and a 23P M+.
your net gain with a standard box is 1'' you can go up one but the stellings is a lot harder on the drive than the imco, cause of splind shaft with coupler on the imco like the merc set up and the stellings with ujoints solid bolt on . no coupler for the shock of the prop loading and unloading. your best bet is 2'' shortie and do motor up grades like headers stainless marine gen 3, 4 1/2'' OD will last longer than cmi etops and give you a lil gain in power. other wise get the 3'' imco box have your motor set and do the headers and you will not have to change your exhaust holes with new exhaust headers or SM you tell them you holes are custom once the motor is lined up they send a template for you to line up. poof all set no recutting anything now you have a 3 '' raised drive 12'' set back like the 25 with 525hp that did 81gps when stock 25s were at 74 to 75 and you will need a labbed 26 and breaking 70 to 72 63 is a lil slow for a ho motor there more like 66 to 67 from what I HAVE SEEN HEARD HERE. keep us posted but don't buy the stellings it more money and hard on the drive. art later

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-18-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

for the guys that have stock exhaust and want more speed a set of headers or stainless marine and the 3'' box is the way to go, just do the box 1st and have the exhaust co send a template for you to get your angles so theres no transom holes to change, and theres a lot more in the bajas. I have seen room to go up the few inches on the front of the motor and then you can play more with a shortie if you want but after our friend over sea's posted a 3'' box with a 1'' shortie total of 4'' shorter was perfect for his 25ol with the merc 600 last I heard he was running 87 88 not done yet. but with the 3 inch raised box he got 81 mph from 74 to 76 with a 28 b1 prop once he put the 600 merc in he put a raised shortie 2'' imco on then lowered a1'' to be at 4'' total at 87 plus
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
but the stellings is a lot harder on the drive than the imco, cause of splind shaft with coupler on the imco

If you use the Everett Performance shaft it is great. It is a slide on shaft. You dont have to change your yoke. You can keep your coupler and wont have to remove the bellhousing. It is $550 new and supposedly works better than the IMCO set up - Randy at Stellings told me that.

You will not have to reprogram the ECU either...

I have a great line on a Stellings neutral box and IMCO steering that I am going forward with. Just have to find the 2" shorty to complete the project. I do want to add the new CMI e-tops but it may not be this off season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.