baja question >

baja question

Notices

baja question

Old 11-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja question

i guess my story is standard of someone moving to florida.i or we have never owned a boat.but if you live in florida you must own a boat.(i think its some kind of state law....ha)
we got our first boat..yamaha twin jet boat..great for blasting around the bays.turning on a dime. and breaking ever time we used it.you did nt dare take it to open water.
looking for something more. i found a 08 outlaw 20..great boat.a little on the small side im finding out.i can take it out of the bays.but still cant go full throttle across tampa bay on most days.
i am thinking bigger might be better.im of course boating on a budget.and these days its a tight one. im looking used.not real used as i dont want someone else problems.but lets be honest.all boats seem to loose value pretty fast.so you can get a deal on something just a few years old.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=&sspagena
i found this boat.its close to me.wondering what would still be a good price.what do you think max bid should be on this boat,,and do you think it would be what im looking for.something to reaally handle the waves so to speak..any advice would be great..
Old 11-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

Well to answer some of your questions, a 20 Baja Outlaw is too small for the gulf 95% of the time unless you like having th chit knocked out of you.

The Baja 27 you are looking at is a very nice boat, from the add it looks like its at a dealer and its a 2007 so that boat sold new for about $78,000 trailer about $4,000 so that package new $82,000 even if they take a massive hit on it say 30% you are still looking at $57,000 I would say if you could buy that boat for $50,000 or less you are getting a great deal. I doubt they will let it go for that though.

If you are willing to take a chance on an older boat check the classifieds on here, their are some good deals, just need to jump on them when they pop up.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 450RRRR
i guess my story is standard of someone moving to florida.i or we have never owned a boat.but if you live in florida you must own a boat.(i think its some kind of state law....ha)
we got our first boat..yamaha twin jet boat..great for blasting around the bays.turning on a dime. and breaking ever time we used it.you did nt dare take it to open water.
looking for something more. i found a 08 outlaw 20..great boat.a little on the small side im finding out.i can take it out of the bays.but still cant go full throttle across tampa bay on most days.
i am thinking bigger might be better.im of course boating on a budget.and these days its a tight one. im looking used.not real used as i dont want someone else problems.but lets be honest.all boats seem to loose value pretty fast.so you can get a deal on something just a few years old.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...item=&sspagena
i found this boat.its close to me.wondering what would still be a good price.what do you think max bid should be on this boat,,and do you think it would be what im looking for.something to reaally handle the waves so to speak..any advice would be great..
PM Sent,,
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 450RRRR
what would still be a good price.what do you think max bid should be on this boat
It SHOULD sell for around mid 50's....BUT....with it being on ebay and the used boat market the way it is It will probably only bring low 40's I would guess. It is no reserve so happy bidding.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Anyone have any experience with the 275 with the 496? Would think it would be slightly under powered. Mine was the 496 and is the baby of the 275 and runs 63.5 on GPS.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baja_man
It SHOULD sell for around mid 50's....BUT....with it being on ebay and the used boat market the way it is It will probably only bring low 40's I would guess. It is no reserve so happy bidding.
"No Reserve" on ebay is all just smoke and mirrors 99% of the time. So many times I have run into this, buyers back out or have a mole bidder run it up to what they want.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

have decided to stay put for now.just cant seem to let my self loose this much money so soon.at least in this economy.maybe next fall.thanks for your input..and even thanks to the guys wanting to sell there boats this is for sure one of the places i will look.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Registered

I am kind of curious about the 275 w/ 496 only doing 63.5??? I have an 272 with 454mpi and before lab prop ran about 64 and with lab prop get 67.5 or so all gps. I was really thinking I had to have at least a 496 but it seems maybe the 454 is just fine. 3 inches shouldnt out do the extra ponies should it? Have to say I am already thinking of adding a whipple charger to it just for fun. I have never been able to leave things alone always have to add extras, especially the Harley.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

A friend has a 2005 275 with the 496 and it has a very hard time hitting 60 (gps).
Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
I am kind of curious about the 275 w/ 496 only doing 63.5???
I was refering to a 245. I don't think a 275 would hit the same speed.

Freeport, IL.... I love the Alber Ice Cream Parlor! Have been to Freeport a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.