Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now? >

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?

Notices

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?

Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At one of our Dealer Meetings in Fort Walton Beach FL, I was letting one of our then dealers from "over there" drive a Bandit II, and while running almost 80 mph he was starring at the trim button on the shifter, and trimming up when we were headed for 7' a tug boat wake! I reached up and pulled the throttle back from behind him, and just as we were coming off plan it stuffed in the wake and soaked everyone with salt water. Then after I took over the driving, they all took off their shirts and were holding them in the wind to dry?? We looked like a bunch of goof-offs to the other dealers.

XT
Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Wasn't this 40 one of Baja's poker run boats back
in 03-04' ?
yes and no it didn't tour the country like poker face and the rest of them and there was two of them
Old 12-28-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Kustom Kolors
yes and no it didn't tour the country like poker face and the rest of them and there was two of them
I remember seeing it in an article in the quarterly
Baja magazine, it talked about the rounds it was making.

But it wasn't nothing like the later boats did.

Hawkeye ended up with the one in the picture.

The guy that originally bought my boat new( from
hawkeye) traded it back in on the 40 in the pic.

Last I know, it's @ LOTO.....at least I saw it there
last year when I was limping back to the dock after
breaking during the shootout.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JT - That 40' O/L is still in LOTO, it belongs to Bob Cox. That boat has twin 575's w/ innercoolers, & runs mid 80's. He had it out at the Shootout this past year. Bob was also the prior owner to your 33' O/L.

More pics of that 40' O/L...
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-40cox3.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-dsc01047.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-dsc01049.jpg  

Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
At one of our Dealer Meetings in Fort Walton Beach FL, I was letting one of our then dealers from "over there" drive a Bandit II, and while running almost 80 mph he was starring at the trim button on the shifter, and trimming up when we were headed for 7' a tug boat wake! I reached up and pulled the throttle back from behind him, and just as we were coming off plan it stuffed in the wake and soaked everyone with salt water. Then after I took over the driving, they all took off their shirts and were holding them in the wind to dry?? We looked like a bunch of goof-offs to the other dealers.

XT
Maybe they where trying to "Surrender?" LOL!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat4fun
JT - That 40' O/L is still in LOTO, it belongs to Bob Cox. That boat has twin 575's w/ innercoolers, & runs mid 80's. He had it out at the Shootout this past year. Bob was also the prior owner to your 33' O/L.

More pics of that 40' O/L...

Very sharp looking 40 Outlaw!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Let me help you guys out a little here.

This is the first Baja Poker Run boat I had experience with back on Lake Norman in 2003.

It was a really sweet 40 Outlaw with triple 525's that ran up in the mid 80's with eight people on board and threw a hell of a rooster tail.

Where it is today I do not know.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-269-custom-.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-275-custom-.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-274-custom-.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-279-custom-.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-273-custom-.jpg  
Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Now for some reason I cannot explain the above boat could not actually be used as the official pace boat for the poker run which was a Baja sponsored dealer run for Westport Marine on Lake Norman.

So guess what? Yeah your's truely was asked to be the official pace boat for the run because we owned the largest Baja on the lake at the time with the largest power.

This was our first magazine coverage also and we were on the cover of the "Piedmont Pilot" and made the Full Throttle Magazine.

A few pictures from our photo shoot.

"Dock Holiday" Official Baja Pace Boat
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-219.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-196.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-224.jpg  

Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-208.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-206.jpg  
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Well the 25 Outlaw that this shot was taken from belongs to a friend named Ellis and was painted to match the famous 420 APBA Pace Boat.
Attached Thumbnails Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-150.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-151.jpg   Baja Poker Run boats - where are they now?-boat-ac-pictures-152.jpg  

Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Then my next experience was with the 40 Outlaw known as "Spot LIght". It had the staggered 850 Merc's and #6 drives.

I got a ride on this at the Lake Cumberland and was somewhat disappointed after hearing during production that they were expecting triple digits.

I can still remember the day I received a phone call from a very good friend in Tampa to tell me the boat fell off the lift. He sent pictures and I broke the news over on a site called TBM. Not sure that site still exists or not?

This was a BEAUTIFUL boat made of carbon fiber and it received major damage and I don't think it was ever repaired.

I like the pain so much that I had Clayton at Kustom Kolors to paint my Street Glide woth the same Orange.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.