Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Current status of Baja and Fountain? >

Current status of Baja and Fountain?

Notices

Current status of Baja and Fountain?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current status of Baja and Fountain?

I haven't heard of anything new lately on the status of Baja or Fountain for that matter and was told by a Cobalt Dealer from the boat show that were done and BK, but I thought I had read that they were going forward with some baking from somewhere???

What is truly happening at this time?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was something about this on TBM a couple of days ago
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

I'm guessing Baja by Fountain is history heard rumors the molds are forsale.

Brunswich should've offered the deal that was offered to Reggie to Baja employees. I'm guessing it would still be going..Maybe not on large volume, but I bet there would be boats being built at least.

Last edited by Irishtornado; 01-14-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Brunswich should've offered the deal that was offered to Reggie to Baja employees. .
One of the guys that made Brunswick a very nice offer for the company was in my office last week. All he can say is that Brunswick did him a hell of a great favor by turning down his offer! He like many had no idea how bad this economy would get and how low the performance boat market would drop off. Had he stuck his neck out he would probably be broke today.

All I can say is the folks at Brunswick have a Crystal Ball that I would love to take a look at. They were way ahead of the curve getting out of some of the marine companies.

As for Fountain aren't there some new owners coming in the picture soon from the sale or bankruptcy? Maybe some fresh blood and new capital will help them continue on. At least I hope so.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday

All I can say is the folks at Brunswick have a Crystal Ball that I would love to take a look at. They were way ahead of the curve getting out of some of the marine companies.

As for Fountain aren't there some new owners coming in the picture soon from the sale or bankruptcy? Maybe some fresh blood and new capital will help them continue on. At least I hope so.
I have read that "Elvis" is still trying to fight to be a controlling interest in the company which is still causing hold ups. I sure hope the rumors I heard about the molds going somewhere are true at least one way or another Baja will still be around maybe not with the Baja name but the idea will still be there.

On another note I still think the demise of Baja in Bucyrus was those damn liner boats...That was the only thing I see that Reggie improved on with Baja's claim of performance increases are just talk...Hawkeye was getting the same #'s out of every one of the boats they put out for less money..
Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I know is that when Fountain was still in business with the Baja product line, I received a letter as a Baja owner from Fountain Marine that pretty much stated that if I needed ANYTHING other than a "Baja by Fountain" call Sea Ray parts, and warranty! What I am saying is that any boat company that acquires the tooling like Fountain did, could call them by any name they want, if they cannot help the current owners of 99.999% of the Baja's in the world. The history of Baja will always live in Bucyrus Ohio. IMO...

XT
Old 01-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
All I know is that when Fountain was still in business with the Baja product line, I received a letter as a Baja owner from Fountain Marine that pretty much stated that if I needed ANYTHING other than a "Baja by Fountain" call Sea Ray parts, and warranty! What I am saying is that any boat company that acquires the tooling like Fountain did, could call them by any name they want, if they cannot help the current owners of 99.999% of the Baja's in the world. The history of Baja will always live in Bucyrus Ohio. IMO...

XT
Couldn't agree with you more and the rumors are sure flying around now about who's getting the remaining molds or the Baja name..
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

would be great to know the real story here
Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

The latest rumor I heard was that the investors of Donzi are taking over Fountain and Baja, and possibly moving Donzi to North Carolina.

I have no idea if any of this is true, just something I heard yesterday.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
The latest rumor I heard was that the investors of Donzi are taking over Fountain and Baja, and possibly moving Donzi to North Carolina.

I have no idea if any of this is true, just something I heard yesterday.
you moving with me ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.