Trim Tab Indication help! >

Trim Tab Indication help!

Notices

Trim Tab Indication help!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tab Indication help!

Well, as some of you know, I'm new to the Baja's and picked up a 94 290 O/S. The trim tab indicator is not working, neither is the power trim indicator, but I'll get to that later. I'm looking for information on how the indication works, how to troubleshoot components to figure out whats wrong, and where I may be able to find parts. I'm not too worried about scouting parts, but not understanding how the indication works is what my biggest hurdle is. If someone could, please share how the system works, or where I can find info on how it works. Any pointers or tricks are always welcome!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont know what type you have but
most operate by cables, look on the
side of your tabs and see if your cables
are broke or bound up. Those cables run
to the dash.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

Good to know! So most have cables that are attached to the tabs that run up to the indicator and provide the indication. I'll take a look.

Whats the odds that the cables are good and the indicator has something wrong with it?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by colsoncj
Good to know! So most have cables that are attached to the tabs that run up to the indicator and provide the indication. I'll take a look.

Whats the odds that the cables are good and the indicator has something wrong with it?
The odds are directly tied to whether or not replacing the indicator is easy part of job, of course. If replacing the indicator is the easy part of the job, the odds are definitely not in your favor that the indicator is the problem... That's how boating goes, didn't ya know?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
The odds are directly tied to whether or not replacing the indicator is easy part of job, of course. If replacing the indicator is the easy part of the job, the odds are definitely not in your favor that the indicator is the problem... That's how boating goes, didn't ya know?

Well put.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

I have the digital indecators, and one side worked and one side was intermiten, now both are intermitten. any ideas where to start?